Best way to mount a second hi-hat

Sambo84

Reaction score
Was considering ways to mount a second hi-hat, somewhere around my ride cymbal. Not with the remote pedal system but just a fixed hi-hat that could be mounted. I've seen some mounts from Gibraltar for this, but wondering what kind of stand can actually hold it with a 14" or 15" set of hats. I'm afraid if I attach it to one of my other cymbal stands it will shake or maybe tip over the stand--would probably set it with some slosh so don't want it to rattle when I hit the other cymbal. I'm thinking the best way may be to go with a rack setup--at least a partial one--or put it on its own stand but the hardware is getting a little crowded as it is. Anybody else tried different ways of mounting?

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have one of the older Tama X-Hats that I mounted on a existing cymbal stand and didn't have any issues. They don't make that version any more but I would think the current one would work just as well. If you have lightweight stands then it probably would be a problem but back when I had it clamped to a double braced stand it was fine.

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you’re worried about hanging them off a cymbal stand, just use a second hihat stand.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
found it a novelty and i dunno ..didn't really add or be practical to the drum set..

Ringo uses one right So the old man don't have to turn? : )
just use a cymbal bell if you want to double ride.

How's he doing that...looks pretty creative

like an old British Premier attachment..

Was considering ways to mount a second hi-hat,

Last edited:

Sambo84

Reaction score

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That looks like just the ticket... I may mount it on top of my ride which sits fairly low or put it on its own boom stand. Appreciate the ideas
I like the on top of the ride idea. Would just need to see how far out it sits since I play a 24" ride and also see if the hats get in the way of being able to play the bell without consciously try to not hit the hats. The height of the hats may be up there a bit also? Cool to give it a shot though.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Interesting you brought this up. I've wanted a right side hat but those remote jobs seem very pricey for what they are. I have a DW 6000 light hi hat stand that's broken! Something with the pedal issue. I was able to get a new one so I have this sitting around. It works great for a "dummy" closed HH position but is otherwise useless. The upper part is about 5/8" diameter and I am trying to figure out how to cut it down and mount it in a clamp. I just realized I will need to figure out how to mount the actual pole the HH clamp attaches to....DOH! So much for my plan......

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Is that a Ludwig part Ringo is using in pic above?
If so, can anyone link to it.

Neilrush88

Reaction score
I mounted a sc-ea250 clamp to my ride stand and I put a "custom" hi hat aux holder, it is a pipe ludwig for boom and the boom is hi hat PDP arm. I wish Pearl could make a similar.
It works very nice, stable and comfy and exact position I want..