Beverley cymbals

Roosto

Reaction score
I have a lovely set of 1965 Beverley drums. I know the horrors of Beverley/Zyn/Krut cymbals but when offered a 18" thin Beverley cymbal w/ rivet holes I went for it. As a gesture of heritage I shall put the cymbal on a stand to the right of the floor tom. In any event, the guy who sold it to me did not know, and it was three days before I spotted it but besides the Beverley made in England etch stamp on the under side there is the very faint remainder of the original Zyn ink stamp on top, must have been removed many years ago. In any event, in what order of tolerable would the three types be, Beverley/Krut/Zyn? All the same or was there an effort to improve along the way?

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a little Zyn info.
I bet you can google up more.

I thought I remembered the 5 Star Zyn's were the ones to go for.
I'm fairly certain Super Zyn was higher quality than 5 Star Zyn, and I believe of the three mentioned above, Super Zyns are considered the best. There were actually some pretty good ones made.

As it's been mentioned before, Ringo played one for years. And I gave him a 20" 5 Star Zyn a couple of years ago. It didn't sound bad.

Sorry: to answer your question, I believe you have them in the correct order with Super Zyn after Zyn.

jaymandude

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain Super Zyn was higher quality than 5 Star Zyn, and I believe of the three mentioned above, Super Zyns are considered the best. There were actually some pretty good ones made.

As it's been mentioned before, Ringo played one for years. And I gave him a 20" 5 Star Zyn a couple of years ago. It didn't sound bad.

Sorry: to answer your question, I believe you have them in the correct order with Super Zyn after Zyn.
Hey John,

Is the Ringo one recorded ? Did he even talk about cymbals that much ?

It's interesting how both he and Charlie, arguable your two biggest guys. Might have stayed with the simplest gear the longest. pretty cool, actually.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I had a thin 22" Beverly that sounded surprisingly great. Just trashy enough to be mysterious yet carried itself well enough to be substantial. Had not read of the Zyn connection before however.

Mike

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 20"NOS Beverly that i just love. Delicate is a good word for it, perfect for light jazz and has a beautiful swell. No rivets going into it, but i,ve been offered good money and wont be selling this one. Its perfect with my Olympic AM shell kit

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I have a 20"NOS Beverly that i just love. Delicate is a good word for it, perfect for light jazz and has a beautiful swell. No rivets going into it, but i,ve been offered good money and wont be selling this one. Its perfect with my Olympic AM shell kit

That sounds like a good one Wayne!

Mike