Beverly Kit found, need some info from the Brit lovers

Hans2112

Reaction score
A friend sent me over to look at a Bev kit. Since I am a Premier fiend, I got right on it. These things were well, cute. Great condition Gold Sparkle. My knowledge of these is less than limited. The Shells appeared to be really high quality and inner ply was birch/maple, not mahogany. Just a bass and 12" tom. The 14" Floor was MIJ. Though it matched pretty well. Value??????? Obviously, I am not going to flip for a real profit. Just curious what a safe novelty price may be

Vibes

Reaction score
The Beverley Birch shells are fantastic. They are top notch drums. Let's see some pics.

Hans2112

Reaction score
I haven't procured them yet. I really didn't know what to offer. So I am going to call the guy and go low. If he bites, I will post pics...

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Depending on the age they were made by Premier. Basically Premier shelis and slightly different hardware. Great drums.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hans, make sure you find out if the drums are Metric sized. metric drums are TOTAL headache, even if you live in the UK.

Hans2112

Reaction score
I brought them home last night. Mainly because I got a cool Luddy snare in the mix. But these Beverly's are, well, cute. And I think I am going to make a Bop kit with them. So yes retro,, they are metric. The bass takes a 20's head with no problem. But the mounted tom ain't happening. So where do I begin??

Alquit

Reaction score
I think Remo still make metric size heads still but you have to order them and they are pricey. Also someone told me Aquarian heads will fit metric sizes.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hans......the first thing you need to do is to measure the diameter of the tom shell, outside to outside, across the widest part. This will tell you what size head you need. There were different sizes of Metric. Many drummers dont understand that. Sonor used one metric size, Premeir another, and so on.

Remo makes the metric heads that were used on the 1950s and early 60s Premeirs. The tom tom head is, I believe a tad smaller than the american sizes, so it might be 11.7 inches instead of 12 inch head, etc. If you try to use an American head, the problem you will have is that it wont fit into the original hoop. You can try replacing the hoop with a standard sized one and then putting a standard sized head in it.

So, if your drums are the same size as the 1950s Premeirs, Remo does make the heads still, but I think you have to order them from a music store. I dont know for sure if you can order them from Remo, someone told me no awhile back. Be prepared to spend some money tho, it wont be cheap.

Latest posts