BEWARE OF SCAM COMPANY TONUM CYMBALS!!

Kimotej

Reaction score
A WARNING ABOUT TONUM CYMBALS!!
If you are on Instagram or Facebook you have probably seen some ads for one of the cymbal companies mentioned in the list above - Tonum Cymbals - the Turkish / Ukrainan based "company" that manufactures and sells cymbals.
A BIG WARNING is hereby issued to all possibly interested in this scam of a "brand". Tonum Cymbals looks and appears to be a "real" company producing and selling cymbals. The fact is that they only screw up people! They simply take the money and run!

Tonum does a lot of nice promises, but they never deliver anything. That is their business idea. If you check the Tonum website you will find no contact information, which should ring a warning bell already: No address, no email, no telephone number...
The same with their instagram and Facebook.
They only reveal contact info to their representatives, thus to avoid responsibility.

I WAS a representative for Tonum Cymbals and I have on several occasions ordered fom Tonum, but nothing was ever delivered. They owe me thousands of dollars! The case is the same with many other customers. I have therefore terminated all business with them and issue this warning to others.

Tonum also manufactures cymbals for other companies, but the strategy seems to be the same there. I have been contacted by many people with the same problem with Tonum, including a cymbal brand whose products Tonum manufactures, and the story is the same: They quickly take the money, then stop communicating and never deliver. Tonum apparently lives off of taking people´s money and run!

After 8 months of waiting and in the rare cases when they communicate (they answer perhaps every 8th time...) i have had to start a legal process against them. This made them react, finally, but still just more promises but no delivery or refund. Just more excuses like ""Promblems with manufacture", Problems with delivery agent", "Problems to receive the money from you, Please pay again", "Will send/have an update/refund today, tomorrow, next week...", "Have tried to refund but it did not go through.", "My bank needs to verify your bank". etc.

This is really sad, as I sincerely wanted it to work for all parts, but I apparently should have reported Tonum long ago. I was stupid and waited, believed their sweet talk, and lost lots of money, time, customers and reputation. Don´t do the same!

BEWARE AND STAY AWAY FROM TONUM CYMBALS!!

The owner of Tonum is here on DrumForum, and will perhaps answer.

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fungus Amungus

Reaction score
If you are on Instagram or Facebook you have probably seen some ads for one of the cymbal companies mentioned in the list above - Tonum Cymbals - the Turkish / Ukrainan based "company" that manufactures and sells cymbals.
A BIG WARNING is hereby issued to all possibly interested in this scam of a "brand". Tonum Cymbals looks and appears to be a "real" company producing and selling cymbals. The fact is that they only screw up people! They simply take the money and run!

Tonum does a lot of nice promises, but they never deliver anything. That is their business idea. If you check the Tonum website you will find no contact information, which should ring a warning bell already: No address, no email, no telephone number...
They only reveal contact info to their representatives, thus to avoid responsibility.

I WAS a representative for Tonum Cymbals and I have on several occasions ordered fom Tonum, but nothing was ever delivered. They owe me thousands of dollars! The case is the same with many other customers. I have therefore terminated all business with them and issue this warning to others.

Tonum also manufactures cymbals for other companies, but the strategy seems to be the same there. I have been contacted by many people with the same problem with Tonum, including a cymbal brand whose products Tonum manufactures, and the story is the same: They quickly take the money, then stop communicating and never deliver. Tonum apparently lives off of taking people´s money and run!

After 8 months of waiting and in the rare cases when they communicate (they answer perhaps every 8th time...) i have had to start a legal process against them. This made them react, finally, but still just more promises but no delivery or refund. Just more excuses like ""Promblems with manufacture", Problems with delivery agent", "Problems to receive the money from you, Please pay again", "Will send/have an update/refund today, tomorrow, next week...", "Have tried to refund but it did not go through.", "My bank needs to verify your bank". etc.

This is really sad, as I sincerely wanted it to work for all parts, but I apparently should have reported Tonum long ago. I was stupid and waited, believed their sweet talk, and lost lots of money, time, customers and reputation. Don´t do the same!

Seen this coming, (unfortunately) I've been burned by Disgrace Book Time & again but My Greed (yes it was my fault) caused me to shove that Telephone Pole up my Nether Regions..."OH MY GOD...THERE'S ONLY 12.9 MILLION LEFT...I'LL TAKE'EM ALL!" Okay, it wasn't that bad BUT, I should have learned! Folks the first and only thing we ALL NEED TOO REMEMBER IS...WHERE DO WE RECEIVE 99.999999% OF OUR FAKE NEWS/INFORMATION/& LIES ABOUT OTHERS ON THIS PLANET?...could it be uuuuum, DISGRACEBOOK? YEP!...if there's no PHYSICAL ADDRESS/TELEPHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS...IT'S A SCAM! PERIOD!...REPORT THEM! IF THERE IS, LOOK IT ALL UP AND CONTACT THE NUMBERS BEFORE DOING BUSINESS!

Fungus Out...be Careful!

Redfern

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever held or actually purchased/received a Tonum cymbal? Here are links on Reverb to one being sold and one that did sell.

https://reverb.com/item/43004367-to...MS6DNC5GNU2LSEa0AVsq1i60IxOh3tuxoCKUoQAvD_BwE

https://reverb.com/item/38650555-to...hi-hats-2020-raw-hand-hammered?show_sold=true

Website shows endorsers. Wonder what those endorsers say? They have a "blog and news" section on the website......with no blog or news.....no phone number....no email.

https://tonumcymbals.com/
The pair that sold were mine. They were a pair I bought sight unseen from a MusicGoRound in California. I thought they might be close to the Meinl Sand hats…but nope. Very heavy and not what I’d hoped for. They seemed to be made well enough but just not my taste. Got rid of them the same day I received them for exactly what I paid for them.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Curious, how did you become a representative (and invest thousands) of a company with no track record, contact info for customers etc..?

Kimotej

Reaction score
They contacted our company, since we represent many other cymbal brands as well. Our mission is to help players spend less money creating their own unique sound and find more interesting choices than "the Big Four", and in the same time help smaller or lesser known cymbal brands reach out to a broader market. We represent, distribute and sell 11 other cymbal brands, and Tonum would fit nicely in the mix. They did, and it worked nicely the first year, though communication was very slow and quite bad already in the beginning. But a start-up business always has some issues to be solved. Any business owner knows this, and my company is pretty young also.
Tonum has a pretty nice track record, with many players using their cymbals, and reps in several countries. No "big names", at least not familiar to me, but they seem to have fulfilled their orders and promises. Until this spring when they just stopped communicating.

We of course have the contact details of the Tonum company, but they can´t be found on their website. I did not react on it then, but later realized it seems a bit fishy.
When in January we ordered a larger lot, the problems began, and here we are...