header.nohb.html

Big bass drifting?

Buxom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm having a slight problem.

I upgraded from my 70s Pearl to a lovely ddrum Defiant. They look great, and sound astounding for what I paid. ($225-$250 in trade, kit was $900 new)

But there's a big problem, which is the big bass. I had my 22×14 and it was just dandy. The modern sized 22×18, for whatever reason drifts forward a couple inches over a couple days of play, pulling my slave pedal off balance. I've never had this issue, so I'm a bit confused on how to solve it.

Any tips without using bricks to keep stuff in place?

carter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got one of these to help with that issue on my WFL bass drum which has kind of temperamental spurs. You could make one yourself, but that one isn't too expensive, is adjustable and won't scratch anything. It lives in my pedal bag now and I use it all the time on random back-line as well. I call it my drift insurance policy.

Chris

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Velcro under pedal(s) on a indoor/outdoor carpet

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you able to use the spikes on the bottom of the spurs or will that damage your floor?

How about a drum rug with the built in block?

The Gibraltar bass drum stopper that clamps on your front hoop is probably the cheapest and easiest product out there. Google it for pricing and the proper name for it.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my thick indoor outdoor carpet, no issues ever with mine.