Big, thin A Zildjians in Canada?

deegeebee

Reaction score
Anyone in Canada sitting on any big, thin old A Zildjians, 20" or 24"? Dark, dirty old wobblers with a good stick click and a big "Bwoosh" of a crash. Might also consider a realllly thin 22". Please get in touch.

Last edited:

deegeebee

Reaction score
do you have reverb and ebay up there? !
We sure do, but shipping, customs and exchange rate at the moment make buying stuff from the US very expensive. Have not seen anything I am interested from a Canadian seller on either of those platforms so thought I would check here. Or is this supposed to be USA only?

drumfx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Timpano in MTL. Dave's in Ottawa. I will check, i have 18's, 20's down there.

deegeebee

Reaction score
Of course I know and love both those retailers. Haven't seen anytying used pop up there that interests me in a while. The new 22" K Con Thin Overhammered at Timpano is calling my name, but have not been able to convince myself to take yhe leap to buying new!

kallen49

Reaction score
I have “kijiji Ontario drums & percussion” saved as a bookmark and check almost daily for items of interest, (kijiji is owned by eBay, I’ve bought & sold lots of drums there),
typed ”vintage Zildjian” just now and got 14 hits including this offered at $160 CAN:

I own a 1960’s 22” ride it is not heavy, has a huge bell & amazing sound, (I’d never sell it as I have young drummers in my family),
my guess is that a lot more are out there if you keep looking way less expensive than new...

deegeebee

Reaction score
Thanks, Kijiji is my typical hangout for buying and selling gear. Full of all sorts of tire-kicking low-balling clowns but usually have been able to find what I am looking for at a decent price.

Was in touch with that seller shortly after he posted. His ride is medium to medium-thin weight. I am looking for something thin to paper thin. Have several nice medium-light options, looking for something big, dark and wobbly thin to pair with them.

deegeebee

Reaction score
Still looking, in particular for the right thin 24" old A. Shoot me a pm if you are holding. Thanks!