Bill Fulton...Speed King Master!

pontiacrich

For Bongo & JM :(
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I had Bill Fulton work on two of my Speed Kings. I got them back today and just had to share the pix. They came out beautiful. All cleaned, tuned, painted, and buffed. They are snappy and responsive.

Bill is a craftsman of the highest degree. And his charges are quite modest compared to some other places that SKs can be worked on. I'll be sending him my other two SK's to work on shortly. Bill's communication is great and he really made me feel like I was part of the process. He posed questions that helped him refurbish my pedals to my specifications, while making suggestions on what he think would work best.

I just wanted to share this with you all and thank him publicly for his work!

Attachments

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
ive seen nothing but great work coming out of bill's shop. well done!

mike

bfulton

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! I just saw this while searching for another post.
THANK YOU to all who posted the very kind words. I am grateful.
I've come up with another new idea or two, too. These just keep evolving as time goes on. But the fundamental mechanicals are the same; they just take time.
Got one on the bench now, one waiting for final approval. I now have stuff for a 'new build,' or rebuild of yours.

Not scamming for new biz, but I really do like bringing these classics back to life!

Thank you again ... really...
And hey Rich - thanks for your patience! :wink:

pontiacrich

For Bongo & JM :(
Reaction score
You are entirely welcome Bill!

I've still got two more for you to do. Things are getting tight with unemployment...so I'm saving my pennies.

R

RickP

My biggest problem when I owned a Speed King was that the bolt that held the beater shaft in place would loosen up frequently and the beater would slide down mid song . Very frustrating.

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
RickP said:
My biggest problem when I owned a Speed King was that the bolt that held the beater shaft in place would loosen up frequently and the beater would slide down mid song . Very frustrating.
Must have been stripped Rick

R

RickP

drumaniac said:
Must have been stripped Rick
Mine was a brand new one I had purchased new in 2010. The slippage was intermittent, but still happened frequently enough to be annoying .

Latest posts