Billie Eilish

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I've heard so much about her, so this morning I checked her out. OMG! What a talent. OK, no drumming but wow. And her brother, Finneas who she writes with is incredible as well. Oh, and she's 17 and he's 22. Talented family indeed.

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like her a lot. My daughter turned me on to her a couple of years ago. I'm not really into "pop" music, but I appreciate her voice and the songs. Part of the appeal, for me, is that her and her brother write the music.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
count me in too... I think its cool they're a family act...but also that her spin on the music

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Her and her brother are extremely talented. It would be nice to see her develop and mature into a Adele-like sensation.

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
a couple other singers my daughter has recommended to me are Donna Missal and Swedish singer Leon (who is a bit Adele-like)

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not so fond of some of the lyrics (especially kids singing them) but talented they are for sure and its refreshing to see this being out there too in pop world:

Her drummer (and Billie herself) got on my radar last year through iConnectivity interfaces:

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just recently seen her in SNL. Two performances worth checking out. Beautiful voice.

Last edited:

Scott K Fish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Driving to Maine from Florida last week I heard this song on the radio. Great tune. Swings. Made me laugh.

As for the song video? Unnecessary. Detracts from a good song.

Stickclick

Reaction score
I heard songs on the car radio that I thought were Lorde, maybe some Lorde singles released occasionally. After about a year and a half I looked for the songs on internet and discovered that they were actually Billie Eilish.

My guess is that Lorde had a popular sound but she stopped. That left a vacuum. Some record company wanted to fill that demand and happened upon similar Billie Eilish.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I heard songs on the car radio that I thought were Lorde, maybe some Lorde singles released occasionally. After about a year and a half I looked for the songs on internet and discovered that they were actually Billie Eilish.

My guess is that Lorde had a popular sound but she stopped. That left a vacuum. Some record company wanted to fill that demand and happened upon similar Billie Eilish.
Did Lorde whisper-sing? That's not my memory.

I expect many Voice, America's Got Talent and beauty pageant singers will be doing Bad Guy over the next few months. Everybody can whisper.

Latest posts