Billy Gibbons w/Matt Sorum

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought it was an unlikely pairing when I first saw it, I dunno? Never really saw Matt Sorum as a Bluesy drummer. Of course, I guess this isn't really pure Blues.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Looks like Matt was gettin' the job done there.

Wouldn't it be a total GAS to jam with Billy?

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You don't just walk into a gig like Guns N' Roses at their peak without being a complete player who can do just about anything. I'm not surprised at all.

brianb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I knew he was touring with Billy but I hadn’t seen any videos yet. I really like Matt’s playing on about everything he’s done. Seems like a cool cat too.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My guess is Sorum is a Dean Castronova type of guy, a go to, Johnny one take type of player that gets cast in any type of situation.

Drums

Reaction score
I met Matt and his dog at a beachfront hotel in Laguna Beach a few years ago while he was on his annual sabbatical. Really nice guy, and after hearing our band name he advised me to have it trademarked right away!

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Late 90s when the NAMM show was held in Los Angeles LP & Remo sponsored a drum circle every evening outside in front of the convention center, led & directed by Arthur Hull. Always a fun attraction for a small crowd of participants.

I'm slapping away on a conga and had that feeling someone was behind me, like literally over my shoulder. Turned around and it was Matt, grinning away. He's a big guy.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The American musician has an estimated net worth of $145 million. He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Sorum Burger” chain) in Washington, a Football Team (the “Mission Viejo Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wondersorum - US), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Matt) and a fashion line called “Matt Sorum Seduction”.

LOL

fishaa

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That perfume nonsense really takes the cake.