Bird's Eye Views...

SaranacJack

Reaction score
Going for a Bill Stewart-esque theme this morning... though with a vintage Rogers flare instead of Gretsch. For cymbals I've grouped together some gems I found from fellow DF members along with a few others from over the years:

Rogers White Marine Pearl WMP.jpg

15" Zildjian K Custom Special Dry Hi Hats
20" Zildjian K Custom Dry Complex Ride II (with Tackle Sizzle Chain)
22" Zildjian K Custom Dry Complex Ride II
22" Zildjian K Custom Dry Complex Ride (first run) with 3 rivets
20" K Custom Flat Top Ride with a 8" K splash stacked upside down

Drums: 60's Rogers WMP 12/14/16/20 with a Dunnett / Stanton Moore Drum Company Spirit of New Orleans Titanium Snare

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
Going for a Bill Stewart-esque theme this morning... though with a vintage Rogers flare instead of Gretsch. For cymbals I've grouped together some gems I found from fellow DF members along with a few others from over the years:

View attachment 436742

15" Zildjian K Custom Special Dry Hi Hats
20" Zildjian K Custom Dry Complex Ride II (with Tackle Sizzle Chain)
22" Zildjian K Custom Dry Complex Ride II
22" Zildjian K Custom Dry Complex Ride (first run) with 3 rivets
20" K Custom Flat Top Ride with a 8" K splash stacked upside down

Drums: 60's Rogers WMP 12/14/16/20 with a Dunnett / Stanton Moore Drum Company Spirit of New Orleans Titanium Snare
Nice setup! Looks like a joy to play.

Tilter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Some Meinl Byzance;

14” BFR hats
20” BFR ride w/two rivets
22” Symmetry ride (Ralph Peterson sig)
22” Jazz China ride

View attachment 436674
Beautiful set-up as always, my good man.

The Symmetry Ride is on the short list of models that I'd like to add to my Byzance stable. There's a unique, funky quality to it that I really like.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily a birds eye view, more like a pigeon with a broken wing view.

Btw beautiful cymbals and set ups a lot of you have.
Yeah, boy - Pacific CX Maple drums in White Onyx! I have the same kit. I bought them new in 2000 - twenty years ago. When I purchased the kit, I bought the two optional toms as well, so that the configuration was 8/10/12/14/16/22. I quickly realized that the 8" tom was simply an unnecessary addition and didn't fit well in any of the music that I played. So, I sold that tom very soon after buying the kit. Don't regret that decision at all.

When gigging, I use the 12" as the mounted tom and have the 14 and 16 as floor toms. I also leave all those cymbals at home, and use a ride, two crashes, and the hi hats.

If word ever gets around about just how GOOD these drums are, they will go sky high on the used market. But, right now you can buy them for chump change.

Below is a picture of my kit.

GeeDeeEmm
Drum Set 002.JPG

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is such a fun set up to play. Found a red jam block while I was cleaning and put her on. Coupled with the wood snare hoops, I'm making all kinds of great sounds.
Are there any modern wood-block makers that anyone would recommend?
IMG_20200425_180941613.jpg

Also, put up the 20" old stamp K. Such a cool cymbal. The bell is so perfectly integrated. Just separate enough to be useful and nice. Edge crashes are other-worldly.

Oh! And it's currently listed in the for sale section! (I apologise for the shameless plug.) :happy7:

rstange1

Reaction score
First the church rig (church's drums, my cymbals). This is Pearl Masters Birch kit and I brought the DW Collectors snare I had just procured for my concert band along to try out this Sunday. Cymbals from left to right are: Diril AD 14" hats, 19" Kerope, 20" Bettis Reverse China Crash, 22" Sabian HH Manhattan Ride, 20 Sabian HH Duo Ride.

IMG_1083.jpeg

Next the big band rig (my drums and cymbals). This is a WMP Rogers Celebrity kit -- pretty much all original except the Dynasonic reissue. The 'drum' on the far right is really just my practice pad serving time as a convenient place for brushes and such. Cymbals from left to right are: Zildjian Avedis hats (15 over 14), 20" Bettis Thin Ride, 14" Old Stamp Zildjian K, 20" Pre-Serial Paiste 602, 20" Bettis Reverse China Crash.

IMG_0580.jpeg

hsosdrum

Reaction score
IMG_0613_S.jpg

From left to right:
17" K Zildjian Med-Thin Crash
14" A Zildjian New-Beat Hi-Hats
17" K Zildjian Thin Crash
6" & 8" A Zildjian Splashes (stacked)
15" A Zildjian Paper-Thin Crash
16" A Zildjian Thin Crash
22" K Zildjian K Ride
22" A Zildjian Swish Knocker
17" A Zildjian Thin Crash
17" K Zildjian China Boy Low

Vintage of the cymbals shown ranges from between 1974 and 2019.

Last edited:

Latest posts