Bird's Eye Views...

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Newer shot of my new kit and ostentatious cymbal configuration. The earlier photo that I posted had a mix of Soultone and Dream cymbals. This one is all Dream (except one): Left-to-right: 14" Dream Bliss hats, 20" Vintage Bliss crash/ride, 24" Dream Bliss small bell flat ride, 22" Dream Bliss crash/ride, 20" Amedia sizzle ride and 22" Dream Bliss paper thin crash/ride.

may272020birdseyeview.jpg

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
"Modern" Kit
14" Zildjian A Custom Mastersound Hats
12" Zildjian A Custom Splash
14" Zildjian A Custom Fast Crash
16" Zildjian A Custom Crash
17" Zildjian Sound Lab Prototype (Armand) Crash
20" Zildjian A Custom China (sometimes)
20" Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride

CYMBALS.jpg

Last edited:

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Taken last night during a shoot for a "distancing" video. It was Toto's Africa so I broke out the big kit as a nod to Jeff! Its been a while so while I sucked, the kit and UFIP's were wonderful!

View attachment 445283
Love the setup! I’ve been rocking a similar thing at home with 3 up, and the first Tom up a bit.
AE08FCB4-125B-49FF-A441-5F9A1FE6238A.jpeg

cinemadrummer2001

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The bird was flying low, but you get the idea.
14” Paiste 602 pre-serial hi hat top with 1975 602 sound edge bottom.
20” 50’s A zildjian w/1 rivet
20” 50’s A zildjian w/2 rivets
20” Paiste 602 pre-serial flat ride medium
21” old made in China china cymbal
Also not pictured Paiste 602 16” thin crash

Attachments

Jackal Jack

Reaction score
A low perching bird at the studio for first post-lockdown musical activity.
Last outing for the Premier for awhile as it's well overdue an overhaul and a re-wrap back to original blue pearl.
Set of Paiste's on order (god longs how long they'll take to reach the bottom of the world in the current environment though), so the Zildjian's might not get a rest just yet

Drums2.jpg

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A low perching bird at the studio for first post-lockdown musical activity.
Last outing for the Premier for awhile as it's well overdue an overhaul and a re-wrap back to original blue pearl.
Set of Paiste's on order (god longs how long they'll take to reach the bottom of the world in the current environment though), so the Zildjian's might not get a rest just yet
You forgot the picture!

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So. Of the two 60's 20" A's I bought to compare, the lighter one sounds best with my 22" KCon. I was actually very surprised by how much my 22 MTL sounds like these 20's. I don't know how I'd do in a blindfold test with other cymbals mixed in. Both of these A's are darker and my KCon is just a tad bright. They blend beautifully. Going to drill for some rivets now!

Also in the picture:
Member TCP's 16" 50's A w/ three rivets over a dirty, lightweight 16" Zilco cymbal. (Thanks again to Tom "TPC" for offering this thing to me. Its pretty weird. Dry, dark and kind of stiff but it can really bark as a hat, enjoying it so far. Put 3, new Sabian rivets in it this morning. Sounds nice.)
24" 70's Slingerland Marching bass
14" Slingerland Festival w/new heads and wires that I refurbished for a friend.
Freshly refurbished 80's Pearl hat stand that I'm loving
New to me flying dragon. This thing needs a little love. A little rust, some scratches and some dirt. I think a good cleaning is in order.

Attachments

OZjazzer

Reaction score
Nothing startling here. A left side K Con 20” Crash/Ride, BOS Trad hats, a very cool BOS 22” New Orleans ride (which is often rotated with a yummy 22” Sabian Artisan Light Ride). Last and certainly least is a Stagg crash with some nice ‘china’ nastiness.
Others waiting in the wings are a 20” Paiste 602 and a riveted BOS 22” Hammer.

And of course there’s a very long list of ex-cymbals that I’d prefer not to think about.

9D69E528-A226-4272-90E0-468FA41E2106.jpeg

Latest posts