Bird's Eye Views...

SaranacJack

Reaction score
Wow, never seen the Monophonic sizzle and hats. What are they like?
Amazing. Charlie and the team at Badges Drum Shop in Ohio had these and other Meinl prototypes for the past month or two. These are my first Meinl’s and I love them!

The hats are thin, crispy and have the same overtone sound/feel as the 22. Great chick, higher pitched than most 15” hats I’ve played when splashed.

The 20” sizzle is like the little brother, nice smokey tah with a soft elongated decay thanks to the three rivets. Plays much like the 22” though with a slightly subtler note.

In my mind, just my opinion of course, the monophonics sound as close to an old K as you can get in the Byzance line. Again, just one drummer’s opinion as these are not actually old K’s... overall, an amazing set, especially when grouped with the soft roar of the 22” jazz ride.

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Had my first real gig since March in a studio playing with tracks and replacing loops with live drums. You know, the opposite of what they used to do in the early part of this century. Just me and bass. Two days of masked socially distanced recording. Super fun plus I finally found my snare sound.

Session Snare.jpg

Last edited:

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my first real gig since March in a studio playing with tracks and replacing loops with live drums. You know, the opposite of what they used to do in the early part of this century. Just me and bass. Two days of masked socially distanced recording. Super fun plus I finally got my snare sound.

View attachment 455128

Do you consume burrito until the desired amount of muffling is achieved?

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
New to me too. 20" Trans Stamp A that Heather Stein notched the crack out of. First time playing it outside my place. Sounded good.