Bird's Eye Views...

ThomasL

Reaction score
Mike, do you have to increase the angle between the brushes and the head due to the tall hoops and claws (assuming you're sweeping and not playing them like sticks)?

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Mike, do you have to increase the angle between the brushes and the head due to the tall hoops and claws (assuming you're sweeping and not playing them like sticks)?
Not consciously. Good question. I need to pay attention the next time I am playing brushes on that snare drum.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I just dug up a video of my playing brushes on a regular snare drum. I apparently play with a pronounced angle regardless, so I probably do not need to adjust for the wood hoops:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just dug up a video of my playing brushes on a regular snare drum. I apparently play with a pronounced angle regardless, so I probably do not need to adjust for the wood hoops:
That was sweet Mike.
Thanks for posting that one. -b

Elvis

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Another shot of my new Gretsch Catalina Special Edition bop kit. I swapped out my Crescent for a 20" HH Light Ride with two, diametrically opposed, 3-rivet clusters. Also swapped out the newer Tama HP50 for an older HP30. I love both pedals equally, but wanted to take the HP30 out of mothballs and give her some exercise.
birdseyeviewjan142021.jpg

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
My new (to me) Sonor AQ2 bop kit (18x14, 12x8, 14x14 and 14x6 snare drum) with 13 inch Soultone Latin hats and a 19 inch Soultone Vintage flat ride. New heads all around: toms Remo Vintage Coated Ambassadors top and bottom, Snare drum Remo Coated Vintage Ambassador batter and Ambassador Hazy for snare side. Bass drum: Remo Coated Ambassador resonant, and Remo Coated Ambassador Pinstripe batter. I also swapped out the snares for a 16-strand set of Puresounds. The kit sounds great. I am still growing accustomed to the hardware. I am sure that I will come to love it.
AQ2.jpg

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike,

What happened to the Gretsch kit?
Did you swap it for this one?

Elvis

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, working towards a kit for every room of the house....I like how you think Mike! =)

712drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My new (to me) Sonor AQ2 bop kit (18x14, 12x8, 14x14 and 14x6 snare drum) with 13 inch Soultone Latin hats and a 19 inch Soultone Vintage flat ride. New heads all around: toms Remo Vintage Coated Ambassadors top and bottom, Snare drum Remo Coated Vintage Ambassador batter and Ambassador Hazy for snare side. Bass drum: Remo Coated Ambassador resonant, and Remo Coated Ambassador Pinstripe batter. I also swapped out the snares for a 16-strand set of Puresounds. The kit sounds great. I am still growing accustomed to the hardware. I am sure that I will come to love it.
View attachment 481278
What brand is in the bathroom, DDrum?

:)