Bird's Eye Views...

Acidwash

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The one on the left is a 21" the one on the right is 20". Both are old serial numbered era.

marc3k

Reaction score
Thanks! The one on the left is a 21" the one on the right is 20". Both are old serial numbered era.
Awesome! I thought the left one looked much bigger. Are they very different from each one?
I have an old serial numbered signature 22 that I just drilled for 6 rivets and now it's perfect! I also have a newer 21 - the new one is muuuch drier than that older one.

Acidwash

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 22” sounds like a cool cymbal! Yeah, these sound quite different from one another. The 20” is quite heavy for a Sig and has a fairly high pitched ping and a fascinating low pitched wash. I don’t know if anyone else can hear it though. The 21” is lighter and lower pitched, with an easier crash. Together they are unstoppable

Redfern

Reaction score
Specs? on everything... Looks very nice!
Thanks...kit is a 1939/41 Ludwig & Ludwig micro bop orphan kit. Consists of a 16x12 BD(converted tenor), 13x9 and 14x12 tack head toms. Original black lacquer. All running Evans56 calf tones under single flange/rim clips on the toms. Snare is a 14x4 black nickel over brass with single flange rims n clips. Hi hats are late 50’s small stamp A’s. Cymbals are 23” and 26” Masterwork paper thin crash/rides.