Bird's Eye views

Esotericdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
First time taking the 69 Gretsch Gold Satin out last night! What a joy to play. Canopus maple snare

Intermediate K over First Stamp hats, 20 Bounce, 21 Lauritsen, 18 K custom dark crash

Attachments

• E7822C8A-EC83-47B9-850E-16780D468A53.jpeg
    E7822C8A-EC83-47B9-850E-16780D468A53.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
20220719_180105.jpg

I'm enjoying my new 21" Block Stamp A. Had it for a couple weeks and I'm still getting to know it. Think it might be a touch on the thin side for me at 2300grams.

I play open handed and have been trying to refine my set up for better ergonomics. As you can see, my 12x13" power tom is way off to the side with the bass drum in the traditional location. I'm thinking about moving the bass completely out of the way to my right by purchasing a DW auxillary bass drum pedal. That way, I could have 3-4 toms right down with my snare, directly in front of me, within easy reach. Sort of like quad toms on a marching set up.

I don't know, still a work in progress. Always is!

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My sister is in town with her family so I’m kinda crammed in a corner here but I like it because I get to play my floor tom/bass drum conversion kit and soon I’ll have my 13” hihats so I can complete my latest desire of having a cymbal set up with all prime number sizes- 13,17,19.
2F5A971D-7AC0-4BF9-B85E-922E1B0DA299.jpeg

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My sister is in town with her family so I’m kinda crammed in a corner here but I like it because I get to play my floor tom/bass drum conversion kit and soon I’ll have my 13” hihats so I can complete my latest desire of having a cymbal set up with all prime number sizes- 13,17,19.
View attachment 572715
Needs a 7” splash for more fun with math

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Needs a 7” splash for more fun with math
So I decided to make it more interesting and look for another prime number sized cymbal that’s not only small but that’s made in another country than the rest. So far they’re all from different countries. There are not many 7” cymbals out there so I also looked at 11” cymbals. What do you think of these?

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So I decided to make it more interesting and look for another prime number sized cymbal that’s not only small but that’s made in another country than the rest. So far they’re all from different countries. There are not many 7” cymbals out there so I also looked at 11” cymbals. What do you think of these?
The Alejian seems cool but you might want to figure out what countries make 83” gongs before using up your American choice

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not to crowd your space, Ryan, but I just wanted to interject that I used to have an 11" UFIP China Splash. It was a pretty cool effects cymbal.
Splashy, but with a little of that swirly Flanger effect.
Not sure if they still make one, but it definately has my endorsement.
I believe you, UFIP makes great splashes but my hihats are UFIP so that takes up the Italian space. I need a cymbal in the 11” or 7” size from another country :) Maybe I’ll make an exception if I can find one.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I believe you, UFIP makes great splashes but my hihats are UFIP so that takes up the Italian space. I need a cymbal in the 11” or 7” size from another country :) Maybe I’ll make an exception if I can find one.
Nah, that's cool. I didn't know your hats were Italian. Get whatever you want. Good luck. :thumbright:

Base

Reaction score
so what'cha got there?
The main ride is a 22" KCDCR II. At least that´s what it has written on it with a pen. might be some special one, because it doesn´t have the unlathed parts on the bottom (I think all generations of those Series should have?)
There´s an 18" K pre aged dry light ride on the left and the swish is "quite an old" (Johns´words) A
as for the hats I don´t really know because I didn´t really look. The top actually had "bottom" inked on it and was from the Dark Complex (or similar ?) line that Zildjian used to produce about 10(? again) years ago. and the bottom has a few holes in it....

for the sounds you could watch this video:

it has John playing the first 3 songs and me joining the band later....

Last edited: