Bird's Eye views

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
The main ride is a 22" KCDCR II. At least that´s what it has written on it with a pen. might be some special one, because it doesn´t have the unlathed parts on the bottom (I think all generations of those Series should have?)
There´s an 18" K pre aged dry light ride on the left and the swish is "quite an old" (Johns´words) A
as for the hats I don´t really know because I didn´t really look. The top actually had "bottom" inked on it and was from the Dark Complex (or similar ?) line that Zildjian used to produce about 10(? again) years ago. and the bottom has a few holes in it....

for the sounds you could watch this video:

it has John playing the first 3 songs and me joining the band later....
Nice to see you playing.
You did a really good job there. :thumbright:

Base

Reaction score
Back at Rock'n Roll

IMG_20220729_182202422.jpg

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I don't think I've posted this one in this thread, if ever, anywhere.
Always liked this shot of my Ludwig kit. The lighting really makes it, for me.
I just wish I had taken it with a better camera.

DSCN2067.JPG

20" Paiste Traditional Light Ride, 18" Paise Dark Energy crash, 13" Paiste hats; DE top over Sig. Med. bottom.

Last edited:

Pre ‘72

Reaction score
I do have a "set" of Istanbul Agops, but they've never all come together in the same place at the same time. You seem considerably better organized than I am ... LOL! Nice freakin' huge hats BTW!

Here's one of my sorta bird's eye views ... though not from a "driver's seat" angle. It's from a while ago (so everything's completely changed by now), but those are my 16" hats -- a Zilco Constantinople 759g over a trans stamp 769g. Others are old Ks and a Spizz flat.

BirdsEyeView.jpg

Nice!! What kind of drums are these?

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
From Tuesday's (August 2, 2022) rehearsal. Tama Club Jam kit with a Dixon snare drum. Right side ride is a 20" Soultone Latin flat, far right is a 17" Smyrna sizzle ride and the left side ride is a Smyrna 20" ride. The brushes laying around are ones that I am currently trying out as alternatives to my Regal Tip Ed Thigpen model. I also swapped out a Innovative Percussion beater that started falling apart after one rehearsal with a generic, old school hard felt beater.

TamaClubJamBlue.jpg

drumflyer

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about those as well. Currently trying to decide on a pair of Agop hats. Looking at these, the SE Fusion, Traditional Dark or Light, SE Jazz.
I love mine. They are dark but do have a certain shimmer about them. Like all Agops, they just feel like butter when you hit them. The ride is pretty special too! Nice stick sound and a good wash. Good low crash too.
B04F8BF1-BDFB-4B9B-A8BF-C7173AC0B035.jpeg