header.nohb.html

Bird's Eye views

Josh Vibert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oooooooh. What are you playing with those?
Is the Ren pretty light weight?
I think so. Mine's 1820, which seems to be at the lighter end of what's available. It's a beautiful cymbal and works well as a crash/ride when paired with my 22 MTL. I use this configuration with the 18" crash for most pop gigs, which for me is 60's-70's R&B with a little blues and jazz thrown in. Wedding/party fare. For straight ahead stuff I take the 22 MTL with the 20 Ren on the left. If it's a louder gig, I'll also use the big cymbals. It's my Jordan-esque setup and again if louder I'll add a 20" KCDR with 3 rivets to the right of the main ride. Beautiful looking and sounding instruments, all of them!

D. B. Cooper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think so. Mine's 1820, which seems to be at the lighter end of what's available. It's a beautiful cymbal and works well as a crash/ride when paired with my 22 MTL. I use this configuration with the 18" crash for most pop gigs, which for me is 60's-70's R&B with a little blues and jazz thrown in. Wedding/party fare. For straight ahead stuff I take the 22 MTL with the 20 Ren on the left. If it's a louder gig, I'll also use the big cymbals. It's my Jordan-esque setup and again if louder I'll add a 20" KCDR with 3 rivets to the right of the main ride. Beautiful looking and sounding instruments, all of them!

That sounds really fun!

I had a 22" MTL once. It was 24xxg.
I really liked it, but it just lacked a certain something that I needed at medium to loud volumes. Not just stick. And its not that it just washed out completely. It just became weird noise.

Beautiful, articulate, expressive cymbal at low volumes, though.

How much does your 22" weigh?

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Home practice space 9-08-22. Left to right: 14" A. Zildjian & Cie "Vintage" hats, 21" K Sweet Ride, 19" Soultone flat ride & 20" IAK Jazz ride.

As opposed to my current home practice space (I just want to leave most of the stuff packed for gigs, and maximize space for the band):
266348B8-9436-43D1-9A4A-BAC96AEABE57.jpeg

Josh Vibert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That sounds really fun!

I had a 22" MTL once. It was 24xxg.
I really liked it, but it just lacked a certain something that I needed at medium to loud volumes. Not just stick. And its not that it just washed out completely. It just became weird noise.

Beautiful, articulate, expressive cymbal at low volumes, though.

How much does your 22" weigh?
2536, so a little heavier than yours. I don’t like it as much at lower volumes for that reason, but I’ve not had issues with folks hearing articulation either. I guess it works out. I don’t really play anything much loud anymore and most venues have mics if they need more volume.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Master
Reaction score
2536, so a little heavier than yours. I don’t like it as much at lower volumes for that reason, but I’ve not had issues with folks hearing articulation either. I guess it works out. I don’t really play anything much loud anymore and most venues have mics if they need more volume.

Sweet. Amy videos/recordings of the combo? I'd love to hear em together.

Tyro

Reaction score
Wow. I like what you've got going on here.
I feel like a rarely see more than Sig in a set up. What are you playing?
Thanks! I play jazz - and agree, I seldom see more than one Sig in a setup. I love the Sigs I have, did try out a bunch of Sigs with the local distributor before landing on these though. Sometimes swap one of them for an Istanbul Mehmet Legend 21” sizzle ride (to be replaced with a Mel Lewis 21” sizzle ride which it’s basically emulating) or a 22” Agop Sultan jazz ride for a little brighter stick sound. The Mel Lewis 14” hats is the perfect jazz hihat in my view, tried a lot of various hats before finding the sound I wanted in those.

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not a dog in the slightest, this is awesome! Do you have a double pedal connected to it?
I have a double pedal but it's not connected to the two smaller bass drums. They are there strictly for showing off while I pack my rug with all the drums in the collection. The two smaller BDs are just holding up cymbal stands for now. Once everything has been added and set up, I'll take one more shot of it all and then start pairing things down to reasonable. Having the choice of any config I want is what is ideal for me. I'm jonesing to throw down with the 20" BD set up or any combo of any up / any down / however many bass drums I think I can play. It is so awesome. Thanks for your comments. :)