Black dot heads or white dot?

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Remo makes black dot, but who makes white dot and whats the difference?

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
Remo makes cs coated in white and black. Clears only do black. The white coated cs are my astheitc preference. Idk if you can still get ludwig heads with silver dots. Attack makes a head with a Red dot, two ply. Aquarian use to make heads with a large white dot and they prob still do.

Seb77

DFO Master
Reaction score
At some point there was some info on Remo's side on the thickness of the film used for the black vs. white vs. clear dot. Different thicknesses actually. Last time I checked, I couldn't find the info anymore; maybe you could find out by asking them directly.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Aquarian offers white dots (power dot) on a few different models. They differ from the remo style dots in that they are a fabric like adhesive patch on the head instead of mylar. I’ve never tried the classic clear with dot which would be the closest equivalent to regular remo control sound.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use both the Remo CS coated with white dot (my preference ) and black dot . I hear a difference between the white and black dot as do some of my friends that also use them . I recall reading somewhere on the forum the film thickness was different between the white dot and black dot .not sure about that though . The sonic difference between the white and black dots is slight , but I do hear it personally .