Black Friday Blues

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A lot of the local music stores around here have so little new merchandise that they are cancelling any Black Friday sales.
One of the drum stores around here mentioned that folks like Tama aren't shipping merchandise till Q2 or 3 of next year.
Merry Xmas.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and I need to buy a dishwasher and the local appliance shop that I have used before told me straight up: “no Black Friday discounts because we struggle to get any stock. If you see something you want here, better buy it now.”

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if I repeat but...I had been waiting to try a bike at the local bike store... I went it to try something similar as I was changing bike styles...long story short...the cashier said the bike I'm waiting for is delayed, again until March of 22...but I can order from the manufacturer myself and have them build it (I did, and got a zero interest loan)...got it in 3 days...weird business plan....

esooy

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya better watch out, ya better not cry....

Good 60 minutes segment on the supply chain issues. As can be expected, everyone is pointing their finger at everyone else.

Steech

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard stories of container ships completely backed up in US ports with no one there to unload them for weeks at a time. So yeah, any overseas manufacturers like Tama are going to have extra long lead times.

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might make some people realize that if they can live without new consumer products maybe they don't need them after all..I predict an over supply of everything in the spring and summer..then, prices might come down..Maybe consider exchanging presents in March..lol..you could save a bundle..

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to pick up a Nintendo Switch for my brothers family. I couldn’t find one for sale online (out of stock) to have it drop shipped to his house in another state. And the ones I did find were overpriced with a serious premium price put on them due to greed. Even Walmart charged a hundred plus over sticker. It wasn’t for the OLED model.
So the wife said take a chance and call the local stores.
I called my favorite game shop and they said they have one left “for today”.
They sell two a day to maintain stock.
I put my name on it and headed out.
When I got there, they wouldn’t bring it out until it was paid for.
Evidently, people see them and a bidding war begins right then and there in the shop.
They told me it has gotten rough.
They charged me the NORMAL price.
So I got the Switch and games and accessories (and a couple games for me!).
Pretty wild.
The aroma of Cabbage Patch Christmas.

jkuhl

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to pick up a Nintendo Switch for my brothers family. I couldn’t find one for sale online (out of stock) to have it drop shipped to his house in another state. And the ones I did find were overpriced with a serious premium price put on them due to greed. Even Walmart charged a hundred plus over sticker. It wasn’t for the OLED model.
So the wife said take a chance and call the local stores.
I called my favorite game shop and they said they have one left “for today”.
They sell two a day to maintain stock.
I put my name on it and headed out.
When I got there, they wouldn’t bring it out until it was paid for.
Evidently, people see them and a bidding war begins right then and there in the shop.
They told me it has gotten rough.
They charged me the NORMAL price.
So I got the Switch and games and accessories (and a couple games for me!).
Pretty wild.
The aroma of Cabbage Patch Christmas.
I hope they earned your loyalty. I'd like to buy something from them just to support their goodwill and fair approach. Both are so lacking these days. PM me their contact if that's cool.