Black or Blaek Jewel Snare -

Cory

Reaction score
Hi! I am not a drummer, but I recently found a Black or Blaek Jewel Snare from the 20's or 30's that I would like more info about. The current owner is looking to sell. If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Black Jewel Side A.jpg

Rotarded

Reaction score
Duplex copper shelled "Black Jewel" circa 1920's. Only 4 known to exist per The Currato Collection.Extremely rare.
If it isn't a drum you have seen in person, it could be a scam.

Cory

Reaction score
Duplex copper shelled "Black Jewel" circa 1920's. Only 4 known to exist per The Currato Collection.Extremely rare.
If it isn't a drum you have seen in person, it could be a scam.
I have seen it in person. Took the photo myself. The current owner is a 70+ year old woman. The drum belonged to her father who used to play it back in the 40's & 50's. It seems that in addition to being rare itself, this drum also has a typo. The "C" of "Black" has a middle bar making it look like an "E". I would think that the typo would make it even more unusual.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I have seen it in person. Took the photo myself. The current owner is a 70+ year old woman. The drum belonged to her father who used to play it back in the 40's & 50's. It seems that in addition to being rare itself, this drum also has a typo. The "C" of "Black" has a middle bar making it look like an "E". I would think that the typo would make it even more unusual.
Wow. Lucky you!
Please keep us updated on this incredible find.

Cory

Reaction score
Will do! I have been keeping the owner informed. She will likely be putting it up for sale soon.

campbellh

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Will do! I have been keeping the owner informed. She will likely be putting it up for sale soon.
Cory,

Please let me know how to get in touch with the owner or where it might be for sale. I am definitely interested!

Bob

Cory

Reaction score
Hi all! Has anyone heard from Mr. Curotto? I sent him a message (I think) about the drum, but have not yet heard from him. If anyone can let him know to get in touch with me, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a value on this snare drum. The lugs are really cool with the rims, and the engraving is sweet. I am also wondering if the tube lugs float from the batter side to the snare side ????????????

Latest posts