Blanking Plate for 22" kickdrum?

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The virgin kick drum thread got me thinking about the need to fix the opposite problem. I saw on the inter-webs that Yamaha makes blanking plates for their kick drums. I have a older square badge Catalina Maple kit and I like not having my toms mounted on it. I mount them on a double tom stand.

I have searched and did not find one for Gretsch.

Does anyone know of anyone who makes generic blanking plates to fit different brands? Maybe a one with a custom engraved Gretsch 'G' logo.

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know of any commercially available for anyone other than Yamaha and Pearl. But I made one for an old Ludwig diamond plate out of some thin scrap sheet-metal using a pair of tin-snips. Worked fine.

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think I have seen them on the ‘bay, though I have never heard the term “blanking plate” used to describe them.

Dillasdonuts

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one of these for my Tama Superstar kit. I guy named Kevin Cundy made this one. I don't know if he's on this forum but he is on the Vintage Tama Snares and Drums page on Facebook. He may be able to make you one for your drums if you send your original tom mount plate for templating. I don't know what it would cost for a one-off deal.

You can see it here.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gretsch has a few different hole patterns for their double tom mounts.
You could cut a thin piece of wood or veneer to mount there and have it finished in the wrap or color of your set.
You could also fabricate one in metal and have an engraver do the Gretsch logo or G.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The virgin kick drum thread got me thinking about the need to fix the opposite problem. I saw on the inter-webs that Yamaha makes blanking plates for their kick drums. I have a older square badge Catalina Maple kit and I like not having my toms mounted on it. I mount them on a double tom stand.

I have searched and did not find one for Gretsch.

Does anyone know of anyone who makes generic blanking plates to fit different brands? Maybe a one with a custom engraved Gretsch 'G' logo.
Ronn Dunnett might offer such a thing.