"Blindfold Test"

chillybase

Reaction score
I don't believe the ride is the Sabian Omni but maybe. The crash on one of those is pretty shimmery. I have an Omni that I like for its sound but I want more volume out of it. So I may sell it to find the right crash/ride for me.

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Really nice. Works fine with the vibe of the track.
Right in the middle between sweet/foucssed and complex. Top end clarity, with a lower undercurrent.
If it's a Sabian, it's a really good one ;) Actually sounds more like a Z to me. That top-lathed, bottom-unlathed/ brilliant K Custom medium ride? Or a Sabian Evolution ride? I hear brilliant finish somehow, fusion-y in a good way. Legacy Heavy?

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Right in the middle between sweet/foucssed and complex. Top end clarity, with a lower undercurrent.
If it's a Sabian, it's a really good one ;) Actually sounds more like a Z to me. That top-lathed, bottom-unlathed/ brilliant K Custom medium ride? Or a Sabian Evolution ride? I hear brilliant finish somehow, fusion-y in a good way. Legacy Heavy?
I was thinking legacy heavy as well.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

We have a winner!

Legacy Heavy HXX

Its dying for one or two rivets imo.

I LOVE the edge crash. Dry and dark.

I bought a matching 18"

Coming next week

Last edited:

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
[shrugs] :)

You know what I was thinking? I was thinking "Weckl cymbal" and just listed the ones he used or co-designed.
It's not actually brilliant finsih, or is it?