Blindfold Test

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You know the hell with it. Im now going to play all of these along with a back track. That will change everything

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
0" Paiste prototype 5

22" Sabian Manhattan Ride 1

22" Paiste Traditional China 4

22" Zildjian Over Hammered ride

22" Paiste Sound Creation Dark Ride 2

22" Zildjian China Trash 9

20" Manhattan Ride 8

24" 1960's A. Zildjian 6

20" Sabian Relathed/Rehammered Ride 10

22" Paiste 2002 Crash 11

20" Paiste Masters Dark Crisp Ride 7

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
0" Paiste prototype 5

22" Sabian Manhattan Ride 1

22" Paiste Traditional China 4

22" Zildjian Over Hammered ride

22" Paiste Sound Creation Dark Ride 2

22" Zildjian China Trash 9

20" Manhattan Ride 8

24" 1960's A. Zildjian 6

20" Sabian Relathed/Rehammered Ride 10

22" Paiste 2002 Crash 11

20" Paiste Masters Dark Crisp Ride 7
Thanks for playing pounder. Hope it was fun

Last edited:

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't a complete "epic failure" for me, since amid the mush I was able to say to myself, "If I had to pick one from this batch, it would be #8." It's interesting to me that this turned out to be a Manhattan ride, not a bad choice.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't a complete "epic failure" for me, since amid the mush I was able to say to myself, "If I had to pick one from this batch, it would be #8." It's interesting to me that this turned out to be a Manhattan ride, not a bad choice.
What device did you use to listen on? Did you use earbuds/headphones?

I hear no mush at all except maybe the paiste traditional swish.

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
Thanks for playing pounder. Hope it was fun
It was ok till i found out you put another vid on there, not sure if it was the same order, but I just let it fly from the first video. oh wow did you post the answers? OK if your second video was the same order as the 1st I got 2 right. One I was pretty sure of the Zildjian China Trash and the other was the 20" Manhattan ride.

Last edited:

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It was ok till i found out you put another vid on there, not sure if it was the same order, but I just let it fly from the first video. oh wow did you post the answers?
It was same order. Just better quality.
Yes. The list is in the correct order 1-11.

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What device did you use to listen on? Did you use earbuds/headphones?

I hear no mush at all except maybe the paiste traditional swish.
I finally got some headphones working, but I seriously doubt they're high quality, just some I picked up cheap at a computer store years ago. However, they are a huge improvement over my computer's speaker.

I also don't talk tech at all and have no desire to be critical, but I can speak about my own experience. When listening to your sound files, I'm overwhelmed by the sounds of annoying overtones. This sometimes happens when I listen to others' cymbal sound files, so yours aren't unique. However, it's not my usual experience. Most cymbal sound files sound fine to me, more or less like those of the Memphis Drum Shop. But some are drenched in annoying overtones. I have no idea why this happens, but it happens to me.

Rock Salad

Reaction score
The only one i was able to guess was the 24", and that was because you had recorded it a few days ago in a similar way.
#3 and #10 were my favorites fwiw.
I bought a few rides in the time it took to realize that the one I already had was perfect. Maybe I will make a similar test for fun, should be a bit easier to guess them. Never know maybe someone else would want one of them.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You should give everybody a week or so to play before giving the answers! Or at least mention that there are spoilers on page 2!

Latest posts