Blue Flame Slingerland

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I picked up a Slingerland Blue Flame kit today. 20, 12, 13, 16 with the 3 line chrome snare. It came with a Slingerland pedal, flat based cymbal stand, and white top throne, a newer snare stand, and a 22" Zildjian A cymbal. A magnet did not stick to the snare shell, so I am assuming it is brass. It has the double tom post where the times are relatively close together.

It is in pretty good shape, but has a couple of areas where the wrap was bumped. I will probably tear it all apart and really detail it at some point.

It is complete as far as hardware goes. But, I do need to find an inlay for one of the 20" bass drum hoops. Does anyone have an original one? I saw a hoop with one on eBay, but would rather just pick up the inlay if possible.

I will post some picks after I get it cleaned up a bit.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have a 12-14-18 in that color but unfortunately the hoops were not original when I bought it. The three line snare is definitely COB. Sorry I don't have inlay...
20200208_120601.jpg

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
By inlay, you are referring to the chro me metal it's self correct? I may have one, I will look for it and yell back.

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
By inlay, you are referring to the chro me metal it's self correct? I may have one, I will look for it and yell back.
I think I have found a piece of the blue satin flame inlay. It sounds like it may be about 2 inches short to cover everything, but I can make it work. Thanks for the offer to help. I appreciate it!

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's my little guy/road tech! When I want to hear it from the audience at gigs, he VERY willingly steps up and starts wailing on them!
You've got to love the enthusiasm. I tried to get both of my kids excited about playing. My son played for a while and I saw he could be really good, but he had no desire to stick with it.

Latest posts