Blue olive Acrolite, is it a good deal?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That drum is near Ft Lauderdale. You're gonna spend a lot in gas picking it up.
Nah! My Dad's in Miami. He can pick it up and when I go down to visit I get it from him. But the guy still hasn't responded so I don't even know if it's gonna happen.
I just noticed your in Florida too!

Trilock_Gurtu

Reaction score
You know, I'm probably gonna go to all the thrift stores around here. Their are tons of them and I've never set foot into any. Maybe I'll find something.
I just call first, saves time. I ask if they have any drums in, they give me the low down, if its worth it, etc. I've scored a few deals this way. Smarter, not harder.

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It is kind of hard to make an acrolite sound bad............

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It is kind of hard to make an acrolite sound bad............
Agreed! My Blacrolite sounds good no matter how I tune it. I love it! And I use factory Weather Master heads top & bottom!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say I won't be getting the snare. The guy never responded back:confused:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I routinely scour Craig's List in the northeast from Philly to Maine and Syracuse. The acro's are almost always in the $150-$200 range, and infrequently you might find one at $125. I can't recall seeing one for $100 unless it was rusty or broken. The $100 acro around here is about as scarce as the $150 Supra....both are common enough drums....yet try finding one cheap when someone knows what it is.

Last edited:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just when I say I never see Acro's priced reasonably in my area.....one pops up close to me. Asking price on this excellent blackrolite student kit with Ludwig wheeled and compartmented pull bag, snare stand, vacuum pad and drum key was $150/obo. Drum is 100% original and sounds great. Drum and stand are pretty close to new. Probably used only for a few months. My first Acro.

Ludwig 2.jpg

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just when I say I never see Acro's priced reasonably in my area.....one pops up close to me. Asking price on this excellent blackrolite student kit with Ludwig wheeled and compartmented pull bag, snare stand, vacuum pad and drum key was $150/obo. Drum is 100% original and sounds great. Drum and stand are pretty close to new. Probably used only for a few months. My first Acro.

View attachment 393004
Did you make an offer, or simply grab it for $150? Which is a nice price for this deal in my opinion!
Stretch

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 393004
Awesome deal!
I love the Blacrolite. That's my main snare! $150 or less seems like a great deal. I paid like $244 for mine brand new. Enjoy it!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just checked CL around me and the cheapest Acro is like $200 and it looks like something that belongs in a landfill!:confused:

And this is what I'm talking about that around here you can never find anything. Look at this Blacro:

$225! I can get a new one for $20 more.

Last edited:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did you make an offer, or simply grab it for $150? Which is a nice price for this deal in my opinion!
Stretch
I did pay the $150. But also realized I could have held my cards closer and tried to get it for $20-$25 less since they did state OBO in the ad. I knew the deal was good enough and figured it might go within the first 24-48 hrs of listing it if I didn't step up and offer the asking price. And once I got there I didn't see anything not shown in the photos that I could say merited a $$ deduction. It was a very fair deal at $150 so why risk losing it and waste the time it took to drive 25 miles each way? The seller told me that he got it from another party via an estate sale.

Last edited:

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was up to the challenge to produce a “good deal”. Factory original heads, wires, hardware, stand, blue felt tombstone, 93xxxx, and 404 sticker inside Jan 4, 71. No rust, excellent condition. $120 on CL. Don’t loose the faith if your market doesn’t yield such local deals , because as many have noted, it can be done online too. I’ve got the same deal on eBay in the past 12 months.

Attachments

Last edited:

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd love to see an example of one being sold for those prices that you are talking about. Here it's non existent! And If I find one beyond my area, I'll have to pay shipping so their goes the good deal. For example I looked at Music go round and they have some mega beat up ugly ones for like $150 + ridiculous shipping.
I'm not desperately needing one, I just thought it was a decent deal for $100 and it would be nice to have that one as well since I already have a Blacro.
There are deals that come along. I grabbed this one a few years ago. It cleaned up beautifully.

Screenshot_2014-11-08-08-38-41.png

20141108_170511_1.jpg

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There are deals that come along. I grabbed this one a few years ago. It cleaned up beautifully.

View attachment 393059

View attachment 393060
That's pretty! I'd love to find something like that. Problem is like you said: You picked it up a few years ago. Now days it's tough to fine anything like that. Values have shot up, people are researching and they know what they have and they capitalize on that. And here in Florida, forget it! Everyone thinks that what they have is made of gold. It's ridiculous! I do better buying new here. I saw an acro shell just like yours a couple of weeks ago and it was beat up. It looked like a piece of salvage aluminum. The guy wanted $100 for it. It's a joke!

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's pretty! I'd love to find something like that. Problem is like you said: You picked it up a few years ago. Now days it's tough to fine anything like that. Values have shot up, people are researching and they know what they have and they capitalize on that. And here in Florida, forget it! Everyone thinks that what they have is made of gold. It's ridiculous! I do better buying new here. I saw an acro shell just like yours a couple of weeks ago and it was beat up. It looked like a piece of salvage aluminum. The guy wanted $100 for it. It's a joke!
You'll find one eventually. There are a gazillion of 'em floating around here in the US. I've bought and flipped a few over the years. $120-$150 seems to be the average for a decent one. Here's one not far from me:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/d/alexandria-ludwig-acrolite-snare-drum/6859649347.html

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I remember being able to buy acrolites for $50 all day long. Had I known they would be so popular I would have loaded up. Back in the day paying $75 for one was pushing it.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You'll find one eventually. There are a gazillion of 'em floating around here in the US. I've bought and flipped a few over the years. $120-$150 seems to be the average for a decent one. Here's one not far from me:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/d/alexandria-ludwig-acrolite-snare-drum/6859649347.html
Wow! Not bad.
What I've noticed too is that up in the Northeast I always see tons of them. For some reason they aren't as common down here. And when they usually show up, they are being sold by that one guy that has a garage full of drums that basically makes a living by selling his stuff and it's all overpriced. Anyways, I don't want to complain so I will continue my quest searching for the hidden gem.
LRod

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I remember being able to buy acrolites for $50 all day long. Had I known they would be so popular I would have loaded up. Back in the day paying $75 for one was pushing it.
I agree, that would have been great. Problem is I would have probably kept them all, Lol!!

Latest posts