Blue olive Acrolite, is it a good deal?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
When I was seeking a Blacro 2 months ago I ended up buying a new one because of the price issue. It ended up being cheaper. I paid $244. Ludwig's got a ton of them leftover in their warehouse:
8.JPG9.JPG5.JPG4.JPG3.JPG1.JPG

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
Snooze.....you lose. When I see a great or good price, I always offer more. If someone is asking $100 and I offer $110 and this person gets many offers for less and one for a little more......who do you think gets the drum?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Snooze.....you lose. When I see a great or good price, I always offer more. If someone is asking $100 and I offer $110 and this person gets many offers for less and one for a little more......who do you think gets the drum?
If I was desperate I could use that advice. But I'm not so it's OK! I'm looking for a deal and not something that I have to pay more for. I, like many others look all the time for really good deals since it would just be a spare or something to add to the collection. If it doesn't happen, that's fine. If I really want something specific, I'll just go online and buy it brand new which I don't mind doing. Thanks for the advice anyways!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got out bid on an auction this weekend. They had various stuff in one lot including some dusty drums, 7 all together most remo but they did have an acro and a supra in what looked to be 60s time period and a 3rd snare I could not see the side picture of so who knows. I was bidding on line but stopped at 230 because I only wanted the snares and did not want to pay to ship any of the stands or cymbals or other drums. The person I was bidding against was physically at the auction so could take it all. So of course I lost. But there are definitely a lot of old acros and supras out there and good deals can be found.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
I follow the sales of 60’s 5” Keystones, anything decent is over 200. Clean and exceptional from 225- 350. Mint all original 350-450
I don’t really follow b/0 era after they started spraying them silver or gray.