Blue Vistalites!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Here's an old YT clip of my old blue Vista's back in 2007 with my old band, Mixed Nuts.
14x22/8x12/9x13/14x14/16x16. Drums were close mic'd at a local festival. Fun band. The KB player was a sub and had never played the song before and he killed it. Sadly, he passed a couple of years ago after having a stroke. He was a very well respected player in our area. Sad.

&list=UUNvYhSq-tF1xxeoQ9TDKqVg

Last edited by a moderator:

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice job Dan! Great cover...really liked the guitar work too. Sorry to hear about the keyboard player.

grthomson

Reaction score
Hi: Newby on this forum. I had a big smile when I saw your pic. I had a Ludwig Blue Vistalite set decades ago... Loved the crispness of the attack. It was a 24" kick with 16" floor tom, 12" or 13" tom, and a 14" tom. Btw, sorry to hear about your KB player. Now, I'm in process of A->E conversion of a 9 piece black onyx 26" kick Ludwig set. Still researching; but, probably use Roland TD-30 brain with Pearl or someone's already built in or on e-heads. Ever hear of such a beast? I can't afford building a proper studio; but, need to satisfy the family's and neighbors' ears a bit.