Bob Gatzen

madsplash

Martin Van Nostrand
Reaction score
What ever happened to him? It's like he disappeared after being very prominent for a long time. Can't find anything current on him at all. Always loved his videos and all his contributions.
Anybody know anything?

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Last I heard from a good friend of his, he's not doing well health wise. I'm guessing that's why. Don't know any other details.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sadly, I heard a rumor that he's been long suffering from Alzheimer's. I'd dearly hope to be wrong.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had a lot of dealings with Bob and his wife, Joanne, years ago, starting with the DrumFrame rack system and N&C Alloy first generation snare drum. I think I had one of the first DrumFrames and #3 of the snare drums. He also got me into Evans heads at the time. They were both very nice people, very straightforward and very honest people. I heard that Joanne passed away a few years back from Cancer and that Bob was suffering from Alzheimers. A terrible ending to two very nice people.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
My friend and drum teacher worked for many years in his store in CT, Creative Music. After his wife passed a few years back, Bob declined quickly. Word on the street is that he is not well at all. Very sad, he was such and innovator and an ambassador of the instrument. I bought my first N&C snare from Bob in 1991.

Dave HCV

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very sad news. I’ve learned a great deal from Bob’s many videos on drum tuning.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had no idea who Bob Gadsen is until Treviso mentioned the Drumframe. I used to drive up to the Silas Dean Highway in Wethersfield, CT. all of the time when I was young to go to Creative Percussion. Place used to blow my mind and that is where I first got to sit on the Drumframe. Such an innovation piece of equipment.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
Bob was also very involved with N&C and their rise to prominence in the solid shell snare market.

DrumKeys

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I lived not too far from Creative Music. I loved that store. And both Bob and Joanne were great. Very often I'd be in the shop checking something out and Bob would come in from one of his regular jogs. I bought my N&C SS snare from there as well as many other items. Sad to see that store close.

RIP Joanne and wish Bob the best in dealing with his health issues.

Latest posts