Bobby Colomby on Jaco subbing in Blood, Sweat & Tears

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There was another story of Bobby producing Jaco for Colombia at the time that Stanley Clarke was on the label too.
Jaco was doing an interview on the BBC and Bobby asked Jaco to cool the rhetoric on who the best bass player was.
Right in the middle of the interview Jaco said Stanley ain't #h!t.
Ouch!

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
There was another story of Bobby producing Jaco for Colombia at the time that Stanley Clarke was on the label too.
Jaco was doing an interview on the BBC and Bobby asked Jaco to cool the rhetoric on who the best bass player was.
Right in the middle of the interview Jaco said Stanley ain't #h!t.
Ouch!
You think he was serious?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met Jaco and played one song with him in '83 in Ft. Lauderdale after he had recorded Word of Mouth and was out of WR. He introduced himself as the worlds greatest bass player. I thought so but I'm not so sure if it was just a tag line he was doing. Definitely a once in lifetime gig. He sat in with my oldies rock and roll band (50's) as he was friends with our sax player who taught at U of M. He invited a few of us to where he was staying (someone's house) and played us Word of Mouth and was real proud of the record. He loved Erskine on it. But man, could that guy drink.