Bop kits

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I regularly use a couple of bop kits with 18” kicks. Yes they take up less air space in the room but the difference in footprint is only a few inches if any compared to my 20” kick.

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One other caveat to using a smaller bass drum is it moves less air that my 22" x 18" kick. I have noticed a big difference in my arthritic knees when I use the smaller kick as opposed...

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A little OT, but I see this over and over in posts, so let’s set it straight...

When you really think about it, Sound does not move air. Sound moves in pressure waves at 767 mph. So you are not hearing the actual molecules of air that were disturbed when you hit a drum. If you were that air would have to be moving at 767 mph. Cat5 hurricanes only move at 156 mph so you can imagine what would be happening if you were counting on the air displaced when you kick a drum.:angel3:

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My point was it takes more effort to play the bigger bass drum. I can hardly walk after playing rock and country all night with 22" as opposed to the 18" causing less discomfort at the end of the night. For me its an effort thing as opposed to sound.

Latest posts