BOP Wrap

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
They both get their stock from Delmar (as does Ludwig). Oyster Black can vary widely from batch to batch and even from sheet to sheet within a single batch. Some pieces are almost dead on to the 60s stuff and others not as much. So it's a bit of a crap shoot. Generally speaking if you wrap a whole set at the same time it will match itself just fine and look right. If you are trying to match to an earlier rewrap or a vintage drum it becomes tougher.

I'd request samples from both and see which one you like best and hope the rest of their current stock is similar.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They both get their stock from Delmar (as does Ludwig). Oyster Black can vary widely from batch to batch and even from sheet to sheet within a single batch. Some pieces are almost dead on to the 60s stuff and others not as much. So it's a bit of a crap shoot. Generally speaking if you wrap a whole set at the same time it will match itself just fine and look right. If you are trying to match to an earlier rewrap or a vintage drum it becomes tougher.

I'd request samples from both and see which one you like best and hope the rest of their current stock is similar.
Yeah, I'd be wrapping a whole kit so matching isn't an issue. I suppose both companies have good quality stuff then.