Bosphorus Jackpot

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the help JDA.

Got these for a song $$$.....total price of these together was cheaper than a new 22" Constantinople Ride.

I am a happy man......

22" Bosphorus Hammer Ride - 2550 = Ebay
19" Bosphorus Traditional Crash - 1636 = Reverb
13" Bosphorus Bright Hats - 850/1003 = Reverb

Vater Jazz Ride stick

Tracktuary

Reaction score
Yeah, Tom! Those sound great! I have been gigging my Bosphorus the last couple weeks and am really digging them.

Check out the the video on their main page; they are a really cool company. They have that mystery in their sound, but they aren't over-the-top, in your face like Agops (yuck).

Tracktuary

Reaction score
How do they feel? I have a 22" Antique Thin (2320g) that feels like a springboard to the stick. It feels so good ride. I'm just trying to find a taping scheme that dulls its highs/bell.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Omg. They feel amazing.
I got really lucky
Blessed

The 22 i can dig in as hard as I want...it stays in control.
The 19" i have to lay off a little...its a crash but is a great ride as you can hear...because of the weight.

I LOVE the hats. They say bright...but they are not bright...they sound and feel like a hand hammered set of 13" new beats

Seb77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Omg. They feel amazing.
I got really lucky
Blessed

The 22 i can dig in as hard as I want...it stays in control.
The 19" i have to lay off a little...its a crash but is a great ride as you can hear...because of the weight.

I LOVE the hats. They say bright...but they are not bright...they sound and feel like a hand hammered set of 13" new beats
Listening on little speakers (which is not the worst for judging cymbals btw)first impression: I really like the hats, and the 22“ is a workhorse in the best sense (only Bos I own is a 22 trad). The 19“ has too much low-mid buildup for me.
Just yesterday I saw a livestream of Jeff Hamilton with the German radio WDR big band. 22“ Hammer was his main ride when he was with Bos.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ill be doing a driver's seat version today.

The 19" Might need 1 small piece of tape....too early to tell.

Yeah don't listen on speakers. Gotta use headphones

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help JDA.

Got these for a song $$$.....total price of these together was cheaper than a new 22" Constantinople Ride.

I am a happy man......

22" Bosphorus Hammer Ride - 2550 = Ebay
19" Bosphorus Traditional Crash - 1636 = Reverb
13" Bosphorus Bright Hats - 850/1003 = Reverb

Vater Jazz Ride stick

For a 19" that thing sure is dark and low!

Targalx

Reaction score
That 22" is right on the money. Wow. Blends so beautifully, perfect pitch, just enough decay. Nice!

SKINZ

Reaction score
In addition to my Paiste Sound Creations n 2002s I have a Bosphorus 20 Antique Ride DEEP DARK RIDES N HAS A DEEP CRASH a 21 Masters Ride 20 inch Traditional thin crash 2 rivetsssssssss plus a 20 Traditional China with a small bite out of it u shaped.........sounds funky .... Nices Pies a different TANG THE HUMP .....Dig in Tom u will enjoy the earthy tones.....:cool:

Tracktuary

Reaction score
In addition to my Paiste Sound Creations n 2002s I have a Bosphorus 20 Antique Ride DEEP DARK RIDES N HAS A DEEP CRASH a 21 Masters Ride 20 inch Traditional thin crash 2 rivetsssssssss plus a 20 Traditional China with a small bite out of it u shaped.........sounds funky .... Nices Pies a different TANG THE HUMP .....Dig in Tom u will enjoy the earthy tones.....:cool:
What's the weight on your 21" Masters ride? I'm on the hunt for one, but they are so darn light that I get nervous.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Did use headphones now, but same assessment. Excuse my bluntness: I'd say keep the 22" and hats, ditch the 19".
Well. Gotta gig it first.
It sounds great to me in my room

SCDR sounds pretty bad by itself....magical in a band...

Supposedly Mel Lewis cut out A was nasty by itself...

You know all this.

Ill know in a few weeks after gig

Seb77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry again. If you like it's all fine. I just think you've had some great left side crashes; I wouldn't necessarily stick to the same brand for a setup.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well I just bought a 19" Agop Mel Lewis
And older one without the crash/ride ink on the top. Heavier too like 1800+ ...getting it from Montreal reverb next week

I still like this 19" though...but it might wash out in a band.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bunch of different sticks
1. Erskine Ride Stick
2. Jeff Hamilton Regal Tip model
3. Zildjian Bill Stewart model
4. Vater Jazz wood tip
5. La Backbeat JB535X ( I bought out his whole stock of these. Like 13 pairs. If you like them let me know. I don't need that many pairs)
6. Then I go back to the Hamilton at the end.

Latest posts