Bosphorus Ride

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
suspect many not familiar with the EBC series. will be after watching below. pretty bad az I'd say.

is there a weight written under the 21"

Last edited:

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The EBCs are an interesting line for Bosphorus....not your typical jazzy type cymbals. I cheated and grabbed these from Bosphorus' own descriptions. with a little added commentary..

21” Glassy Ride : Rich with overtones. Very sensitive medium/thin ride with normal cup size. Lathed and also hammered on the edge of the top side. Zebra kind of lathed on the backside. Long resonance time, a little bit glassy sound because of the shape of the cymbal. Ideal for using on left side, as an effect ride in faster tempos. Full with mid-high frequencies.
I have said before that the Glassy ride is aptly named...it describes how it sounds. It is also has an extremely consistent "white noise" wash under it's glassy stick...which may be why they recommend them for "trendy" or "techno" type music.

19” Full Crash : Very clear, bright sound, full with overtones. Not hammered only lathed and polished surface on both of the sides with normal cup. More high and mid low frequency and less mid frequency. A typical universal crash mostly for the right side.
This is a good description...it is a really good universal crash and I've mixed it with plenty of other lines.

The Gold Hats are, I think, also best described as universal. Brighter, good solid weights, and can be used for anything....even mixed with darker cymbals. Nice crisp sounding chick. Excellent definition.

Hope this helps.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Since you're going to be trapped in the house anyway, how about some new cymbals?

Latest posts