Bosphorus Traditionals Set

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had a little money from selling everything a few months ago and decided to experiment with some Bosphorus cymbals. I will say, they did not disappoint. I was super impressed. But now it's time to stop doing this. So, it's time to clean out the Bosphorus inventory. I'm going to try to sell these as a set by offering an amazing deal with a mediocre video file. So, here we go.

22” Traditional Thin Ride 2630g
19” Traditional Thin Crash 1646g
13” Traditional Bright Hi Hats 851g/1006g
optional:
16” Traditional Effects (18 holes) 769g w/ 1 rivet

Video of the whole thing here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2uS8uyXbfxDgGMdj7

The thing about this set of cymbals is that they blend incredibly well together. They sound fantastic and they're extremely versatile without being boring. The kinda funny thing is that the two cymbals marked "thin" really aren't that thin-- the weights are more medium and they don't wobble much and aren't very bendable. And, in keeping with the theme, the 'bright' hi hats really aren't that bright, though they do cut a bit more than your typical 13s. If you didn't look too closely you'd think you'd found an impeccably nice 50s or early 60s set of As. Great weights for any kind of music, interesting without being weird.

They're all in great shape with strong logos. The 16" is practically new and I'd be A-OK if you didn't buy it.

Price: $599 for all the cymbals / $499 for the 22/19/13.

Since someone will ask, the rest of the kit is 12/16/22 Yamaha AHMs with a 6.5x14 Yamaha Recording Custom Brass.

Email at mshiner@colgate.edu or PM here. Thanks, fellers.

Last edited:

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like the Traditional series well enough I have a set of 14 to 19 crashes. They work very well for whatever I play from blues to classic rock.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Funny because I just watched that video and thought, "I have to re-do this; these sound SO much better in person." And they do! And thank you!

The 19 needs a rivet to make it a good LSR, but it's just as good as a nice crash.

Those sound great. You have excellent taste in cymbals.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have 40+ Bosphorus cymbals, mostly Traditionals. This is a very sweet deal! I think perhaps the seller is implying, "Hey, if you get this set of cymbals, you can have the Bosphorus experience quite completely," which I think is a good thing!

Latest posts