Bought a Yamaha acoustic/electric guitar...

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Wow… this thing plays so well, sounds so nice, I can’t put it down.

I didn’t play my Strat for eight days… now, that’s a record. :icon_smile: BTW, the Strat wins… but the Yamaha is not too shabby and only cost 500 spondulies ($300 off RRP) and doesn’t need an amp to sound awesome.

In the hunt, I played a heap of guitars and found a few gems, but in a lucky turn of events, Yamaha were having a sale, so I took one of the gems home at a really good price. It's very well made and everything looks perfect.

Anyway, it’s a Yamaha fgx720sca… solid spruce top, cutaway, preamp has 3 band EQ with sweep-able mids and best of all, an accurate tuner.

It sounds mighty.

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score
Yamaha makes some really nice gear. I have an old FG series 12 string that I wouldn't part with...

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
DH, I doubt I'll ever part with this guitar either... it really has a nice spread of acoustic tone and plays excellently.

The cutaway, 3 band EQ with sweepable mids p/u and tuner is a bonus.

sonicD

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wanted to add a little nylon string tone to my collection and wound up with one of Yamaha’s NTX series “crossover” classicals. I’m very happy with it – Yamaha really does know how to make a pretty good guitar.