Bought my first Guitar

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yup - went to the dark side . Decided I am getting older and really wanted to learn to play guitar , so last weekend I decided to dip my toe into the guitar world and buy an acoustic guitar. My son plays guitar and owns a Taylor acoustic and I loved the sound of it .

I did some research and the Taylor GS Mini kept coming up with really nice reviews . It was in my price bracket and the Koa version just ticked off so many boxes for me . I bit the bullet and picked up this beauty and just love it . It sounds incredible and plays nice too . Now to get serious learning this instrument .

Attachments

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Starting guitar. Great, take your time, enjoy the journey. Get lessons if you can. I did with drums, but didn't for guitar, though now wish I did.

But regardless, I enjoy playing either, but tend to have my guitar periods and then to have my drum periods. Right, now, though, I'm into them both, playing both every day.

Your guitar looks great. I like the bookmatch, very unique. I've only played a few of them, but I've loved the Taylor GS Minis that I've played, as they are a great guitar.

I've never played a Koa GS, but they certainly look great. My main guitar is a small body, handmade, all solid, Cedar top over Koa back and sides, and the Koa is beautiful. The Koa looks great on the GS top too. Excellent looking tone wood.

Enjoy...

Thanh Koa back.JPG

Thanh Koa  side.JPG

Latest posts