Brady I.D.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me what spieces this wood is plz?. I,ve tried looking it up, but not having any luck.
brady drum 2.jpg

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Another very strange “Brady”. I truly doubt this is an original Brady snare.

1. The badge is not in the right place.
2. Lugs are not original
3. Hoops are not original
4. The vent hole grommet does not fit the period the badge is from (early 90’s)

Either this is a fake or a former tom that has been built out as a snare.

More pics would be helpful, also from the inside.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Another very strange “Brady”. I truly doubt this is an original Brady snare.

1. The badge is not in the right place.
2. Lugs are not original
3. Hoops are not original
4. The vent hole grommet does not fit the period the badge is from (early 90’s)

Either this is a fake or a former tom that has been built out as a snare.

More pics would be helpful, also from the inside.
yup

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Any idea what spieces the wood might be?

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for both Brady and buyers, there have been quite a good amount counterfeit Brady drums floating around.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My Brady block snare has a label inside with a number and when I asked Brady themselves to advise what the wood was based on that number they were able to confirm that it is Sheoak. It is likely that most genuine Brady snares have such a label.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You guys are right on, this is not a genuine Brady, its to be used as a teaching and selling aid that I can explain a little later. I would NEVER try to pass this off, never even entered my mind.
It has been cut down from a floor tom, and it is a Brady shell, but im just trying to determine what the wood is as we are both unfamiliar with Aussie wood....when I show you the other side of the shell you will understand. Sorry if I upset anyone.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool.

Btw. Older Aussie snares came with a sticker inside with info regarding the snare. It could be that this sticker was lost over times so, I wouldn’t go by that only to deermine the originality of a snare.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Cool.

Btw. Older Aussie snares came with a sticker inside with info regarding the snare. It could be that this sticker was lost over times so, I wouldn’t go by that only to deermine the originality of a snare.
The early models had no stickers. Neither snares or kits.

If this is an original Brady shell then it’s a Jarrah ply.

bradydrums

Reaction score
You guys are right on, this is not a genuine Brady, its to be used as a teaching and selling aid that I can explain a little later. I would NEVER try to pass this off, never even entered my mind.
It has been cut down from a floor tom, and it is a Brady shell, but im just trying to determine what the wood is as we are both unfamiliar with Aussie wood....when I show you the other side of the shell you will understand. Sorry if I upset anyone.

The original floor tom it was cut down from would have been a Jarrah ply shell with a White Gimlet face veneer that has yellowed over time.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thankyou Brady. Is there anyway I can determine the approx. age of this shell, and are you still using the jarrah for snare drums?..Its just been completed and I,ve not played it yet, so im not familiar with what to expect...I,ve heard great things about your shells though

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have this drum with me now and its unreal!!...There is a sticker inside the shell that says "exotic series"...very small in size. Is that standard for Brady vintage shells?