Brady Wandoo Specs

Dubsjw

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm currently in the process of attempting to build my first stave snare. I'm hoping to build it to the same specs that a 12 x 7 Brady Wandoo stave snare would have. Does anyone have any info on the thickness (13mm is my guess) and also the size of the tube lugs used on this? Also, I'm curious to know the design of the snare bed as far as how deep it goes and how wide it is. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of those drums. Not sure how to " measure" the tube lugs. They're pretty hefty tho

Dubsjw

Reaction score
I have 2 of those drums. Not sure how to " measure" the tube lugs. They're pretty hefty tho
Upon looking again I think they are 3 15/32". Could you see if this lines up with either the two knots in the lugs or on the total distance? Also, could you measure the thickness of the shell? Which sizes do you have in particular and is there any chance you'd be willing to sell one? Thanks for the reply!

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upon looking again I think they are 3 15/32". Could you see if this lines up with either the two knots in the lugs or on the total distance? Also, could you measure the thickness of the shell? Which sizes do you have in particular and is there any chance you'd be willing to sell one? Thanks for the reply!
Sorry man, I don't really have the tools to do that, the small flexible metal rulers or the calipers. I just play them. Both drums are 7x12 wandoo. One is an original and this one is the redo from 2005 that has a small crack in it ( and a worthless nickleworks strainer) I just got it from a friend about 3 weeks
ago; I'm not sure yet what to do with it. I've seen a lot of tube lugs in my day, I can look around and see what seems similar. The Brady lugs are super weighty tho, and brass I think.

brady1.jpg

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
this might be your best bet but this is a quick search