Bring on the funk!

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong, or was all that music coming from just a trio? (Plus four great singers, of course!)

Skeet6

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I somehow saw this before, (Pointer Sisters) and enjoyed as if I hadn't. GREAT stuff.
Mike B

Last edited:

drums1225

Reaction score
That "live" clip of Sex Machine is is well edited, but the audio is from the studio version. Once the vocals come in, it's obvious. I've always been pretty bad at suspending my disbelief when it comes to studio music presented as live in a video context, but still nice to see the man and the band in action!

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love that tune, that groove is killer too...

and since the title of the the thread is ‘Bring on the funk!’, I’ll bring this one to the fore, because Gadson grooves like nobody’s business:
This has been one of my favoritte vieos for years. Gadson is just the king of smooth and effortless pocket. Just freaking ridiculous how deep this one is..

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I usually prefer the down and dirty 70's funk to the modern stuff. Although there are a lot of good contemporary acts that pay tribute to the old school sound pretty convincingly like Budos band, The new mastersounds, Monophonics, Ikebe Shakedown, and a few others... Lettuce is a band that is a little too much on the modern end of the funk spectrum for my taste, but the first time I heard them was this song and Dang! It is a scorcher. Subtlety and restraint be damned, these guys go to 11 !!!!