British Drum Company Marches On...

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
I think a great deal of British Drum Co., and their pedigree with a certain company finds them expanding wholeheartedly into marching percussion, in which they revelled in their expansion a couple of years ago.

I don’t know much about their marching snare, but this video was posted a short while ago and man, this performance has left me (to use the vernacular) gobsmacked.

mfryed2112

DFO Master
Reaction score
Is it me or do those snares sound like snares? Not the crap that most marching snares of today sound like.

It’s really a shame that premier didn’t get their act together and make the drums that they made in the 60’s and 70’s. No one does tradition like the Europeans do, and premier really dropped the ball.

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I really like their little kit called The Imp, but three grand for four drums? Oh wait - special sale price $1,950. Not in this lifetime.

BritishDrumCompany-Imp001.jpg BritishDrumCompany-Imp007.jpg BritishDrumCompany-Imp008.jpg

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t know much about their marching snare, but this video was posted a short while ago and man, this performance has left me (to use the vernacular) gobsmacked.
Great performance.... the visuals are killa' in that clip... I had to watch it a couple of times to appreciate what they were doing.

BDCo makes some very nice products, and like myfred2112, the RS1 in the clip sound great to me too.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The IMP is a special set man. I have not seen one guy whose jaw has not dropped to the floor after tapping on that bass drum. But a quick reminder, and I know it will not help, that price is for 3 drums. Snare sold extra :)
Having been one of those guys who's tapped on that bass drum, I can agree. Some of the finishes on these British Drum Company kits are absolutely stunning - you really have to see it in person to appreciate how gorgeous it is. (Also, people seem to be willing to plunk down series dollars for new drums that look like they've been around for a hundred years, so why not beautiful new drums that look and sound like... new drums? ;) )

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The IMP is a special set man. I have not seen one guy whose jaw has not dropped to the floor after tapping on that bass drum. But a quick reminder, and I know it will not help, that price is for 3 drums. Snare sold extra :)
You're right - that's just for three drums. I watched a video of some guy playing them at an outdoor busker gig (obviously staged). I love that thing to death (assuming it's not heavy relative to its size) and they sounded nice, but I don't think any 3 drums in the world are worth that kind of money. If someone said "you can have any drum set on earth you want - free," I'd go with the Imp, but otherwise it would essentially be an indulgence I could never afford/justify.

Freewill3

Reaction score
Just got another Legend series at the shop, this time in White Chapel finish. I should not be surprised since I had these sets before but man, the craftsmanship, sound, everything is so good with these sets. View attachment 396645View attachment 396646
I played a set at Chicago Music Exchange a couple months ago and was really impressed all around. Some wonderful drums coming from this company!

Latest posts