Bronze Snares - what the hell happened $$$???

Ajbambino

Reaction score
It's only specific gear.

I've had my red vistalites up locally for $1500, then $1200; very few bites. I have 2 beginner sets up, with hardware, for $200 & $350; no bites.

I know for myself I think I'm at the end of the line in terms of trying to flip gear; it takes up too much space and most of the time the profit is barely worth it.
What size vistas?

I always loved the red and the blue ones. Thought they were way cooler than the orange.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
All these overpriced snares aren't worth the money. Seriously, I wouldn't pay over $350 on any snare drum. If you need your snare to sound different, buy different heads and change out the wires. Steel snappy vs copper puresounds are night and day different sounding. Grab a wood snare, a steel or aluminum snare and a brass snare and you should have just about every base covered to 98% of all music with heads and snare wire options. Everything beyond this is about vanity.
I've gone a little over that a couple of times, but it felt like a splurge. You're totally right that it's not necessary at all.

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
Also- so as most of y'all know, I make metal drum shells (particularly nickel silver, a brass alloy that's a bit harder, sort of akin to bronze).

"Regular" bronze is expensive right now. EX PEN SIVE. Up 250% or more over two years.

I was specing out prices for a non-drum project the other day, and same size piece of metal that would cost me $60 in steel and $180 in brass would have been $400 in bronze.

JimmyM

Reaction score
Markets are all about demand and what the market will bear. The Beatles used to play clubs you could walk into at will. Today, Paul McCartney gets $5000 for letting you watch his soundcheck.

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Also- so as most of y'all know, I make metal drum shells (particularly nickel silver, a brass alloy that's a bit harder, sort of akin to bronze).

"Regular" bronze is expensive right now. EX PEN SIVE. Up 250% or more over two years.

I was specing out prices for a non-drum project the other day, and same size piece of metal that would cost me $60 in steel and $180 in brass would have been $400 in bronze.
Ahh I didn't know it was THAT expensive recently - thank you for the clarification?