Brush work

Drm1979

Reaction score
I happened across this by accident o. YouTube today. I was searching for a specific drum solo that JP did with the bakerton group and this came up as well. It's not often that I ever see such delicate brush work in rock, and then that transition into playing the groove heavier. It just really impressed me. I guess because I am really horrible at brushes and haven't picked up a pair in about 15 years.

Drm1979

Reaction score
I happened across this by accident o. YouTube today. I was searching for a specific drum solo that JP did with the bakerton group and this came up as well. It's not often that I ever see such delicate brush work in rock, and then that transition into playing the groove heavier. It just really impressed me. I guess because I am really horrible at brushes and haven't picked up a pair in about 15 years.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I really like what I've seen of his drumming. This is the first I've seen of his brush work. Pretty cool in this context!

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah .... I play brushes a lot and often for funky tunes. Brush playing is an art that few get into where I live but versatility with them with today's variety of brushes is not only possible but often - as in this example - very applicable.

Drm1979

Reaction score
I really like what I've seen of his drumming. This is the first I've seen of his brush work. Pretty cool in this context!
I discovered clutch in 2011. I know I'm tardy to that party but once i heard promoter of earthbound causes from their blast tyrant record I was hooked. Since then i have gotten several of their records. I still feel that despite their 20+ year career these guys are very underrated.

Drm1979

Reaction score
Yeah .... I play brushes a lot and often for funky tunes. Brush playing is an art that few get into where I live but versatility with them with today's variety of brushes is not only possible but often - as in this example - very applicable.
JP is one of my favorites. What I like about him is he is constantly studying, learning and growing with his playing. I don't think that theres a single clutch record where his playing doesn't improve every time. And he always keeps the same basic set up.

Latest posts