Bucket List kit no more: 1962 Ludwig Super Classic in Galaxy Pearl

markrocks68

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
On June 7th I celebrated being booze free for 5 years. So I thought this was the BEST way to celebrate how much better life has gotten.
High on the bucket list was a kit I looked for & longed for...well, for a long time.
So when I saw the kit in Donn Bennett's Drum Vault, I decided it was time to make a dream a reality.
Many many thanks to Donn Bennett's Drum Vault & the cool guy himself for working with me on the purchase.
As most of you probably know he has an AMAZING collection of vintage/rare & famous owned drums kits for sale. Really amazing stuff.
So once again: THANK YOU DONN BENNETT! :icon_smile:

This is a 1962 Super Classic kit in the rare Galaxy Pearl.
22/13/16 and all Pre Serial badges. The drums are date stamped March 12 tom, Dec 17 FT & April 17 BD.
The set is in EXCELLENT condition. Shells and all chrome are extremely clean and shiny.
Seams are tight all around. Chrome is pit free. Only one extremely minor scratch that is barely visible on BD.
Edges are just beautiful. Interiors on toms are white and clear on the bass, consistent with most Ludwig sets of this era. Brass hoops. 100% original.
No modifications. Nothing broken or missing. The grain on the bass drum interior is amazing.
The wrap is still vibrant & the pink, blue & red colors are still strong.
This kit really changes color when different light hits it especially daylight. I'm really looking forward to seeing these under some good stage lights soon.
The snare is the only one worthy of being matched up with such an amazing set (besides the matching snare I'm looking for):
A Pre Serial COB Super Ludwig.
I'll be playing the kit this weekend & really looking forward to it.
When I get to 10 years, I'm getting a 1920's 6.5 engraved Black Beauty masterpiece.
So I have that to look forward too.. :wink:

Attachments

Black Beat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Rejoicing with you!May you stay sober the rest of your life!Great kit also!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Congrats on the 5 years and also your new kit. Big fan of Galaxy here. Those look great.

Mike

JCKOriollo

DFO Master
Reaction score
Beautiful. Makes me miss mine. Great finish. Congrats to you as well!

green glass drum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did you place the angel, or is that factory?
Congratulations on kit and sans alcohol.
Life does get better without the drink.
It really does.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Looks like Donn met up with Doc Brown to go back in time for that one! Amazing!

Congrats on your journey as well!

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had a Galaxy kit like this one that now belongs to Bun E. It too had a maple bass drum, and the toms I believe we're white coated interiors as well. Very beautiful kit you have there.

R

RickP

Ludwig Glaxy Sparkle has become my favourite wrap finish from Ludwig. Congratulations on a great achievement and a great drum purchase. Enjoy both.

viragobike4

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and stay strong my friend! Life is what you make it and you deserve the best. The kit is absolutely gorgeous!!

Marc M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats on the 5 years,I am a Program person myself.

That is one pretty piece of wood inside that Bass drum.

Kit looks great,never have seen a Galaxy in person,maybe one day.

Latest posts