Building My Music Room Videos!

spazapproved

Reaction score
So here is part 1 of my video series.
Unfortunately I'm not going to lie... I've given up on doing a full music room build for one reason
With our second daughter on her way and our THREE GIANT dogs. I plan on upgrading to a bigger house in the next 5-6 years when both girls are up and running.
So I don't want to throw away thousands of dollars to just do it again at the next place...
But enjoy video number 1
[video=youtube_share;7QmlmVVtGpQ]

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
So here is part 1 of my video series.
Unfortunately I'm not going to lie... I've given up on doing a full music room build for one reason
With our second daughter on her way and our THREE GIANT dogs. I plan on upgrading to a bigger house in the next 5-6 years when both girls are up and running.
So I don't want to throw away thousands of dollars to just do it again at the next place...
But enjoy video number 1
[video=youtube_share;7QmlmVVtGpQ]
Good video, thanks for sharing.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So here is part 1 of my video series.... But enjoy video number 1
I love these kind of vids... thanks for sharing the process with us.

What kind of dampening blankets are those? I've seen some from VocalBoothToGo, and wouldn't mind getting some for my small practice space to control some of the reflective energy.
Did you like the reduction on reflections (what's your opinion on them) when that was all you had against the concrete walls in your basement space?

BTW... your double bass kit looks killa' in your space (as does your numerous snare and cymbal tree). What kind of kit/sizes are you running on that kit?

spazapproved

Reaction score

What kind of dampening blankets are those? I've seen some from VocalBoothToGo, and wouldn't mind getting some for my small practice space to control some of the reflective energy.
Did you like the reduction on reflections (what's your opinion on them) when that was all you had against the concrete walls in your basement space?

BTW... your double bass kit looks killa' in your space (as does your numerous snare and cymbal tree). What kind of kit/sizes are you running on that kit?
The blankets are Audimute sound blankets. They are AWESOME! They made a HUGE difference in my old studio where I kept them. They also made a big difference in my basement. They definitely stop a lot of reflecting sound and help tone down the room. The only downfall is they are kinda gawdy and ghetto looking hanging from the walls but since they work I don't care!

Thanks for the compliments on the kit. My Sparkle Orange PDP is (x2) 22x18 bass drums, 8", 10", 12", 14", 16" toms, 14x6, 14x12 and 10x6 snares.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The blankets are Audimute sound blankets. They are AWESOME! They made a HUGE difference in my old studio where I kept them. They also made a big difference in my basement. They definitely stop a lot of reflecting sound and help tone down the room. The only downfall is they are kinda gawdy and ghetto looking hanging from the walls but since they work I don't care!

Thanks for the compliments on the kit. My Sparkle Orange PDP is (x2) 22x18 bass drums, 8", 10", 12", 14", 16" toms, 14x6, 14x12 and 10x6 snares.

Thanks for the feedback... I'll check those blankets out and compare/contrast with the VBtG versions.
I really like the size of your kit. Mine is a pair of 26's", 18", 16", 13", 12"... just a bit overwhelming in the 9' x 11' space I'm renting.
Plus it is a greater "reach" to those toms than I remember from 30+ years a go. So I think the 22's" may be a better fit for me now, plus I really like the 2" spread you have between your toms (sounds ideal to me!).

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score

Wow, thanks for asking about the blankets. I was thinking the same!

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score

Lol, thanks for sharing! I was gonna ask about the blankets as well. Been looking for something for my vocals space.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man, that’s coming along quite nicely.
Outstanding choices being made there.
Love the project. Thanks for keeping us updated via video.
Just a neato room.

Latest posts