building my suitcase kit

MrYikes

Reaction score
Here is the beginning of my suitcase kit. It will evolve over time. 12" snare, 8" and 13" tom, 12" hi hats (the 8" is nested under the 13")
suitcase 004.JPG
. I will also add a ride cymbal, but don't know the size I want yet. I have the pipes and fittings for the 8" tom, but I still need the pipes and fittings for the 13" tom. I will also be looking for a different hi hat stand. The one I have, besides being weak, is also too short. I put one set of triple wheels under it and I now know I need to add another to keep it balanced. So I have a ways to go before I'm finished but at least I have started the journey.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Saw a couple suitcases this weekend and I've been thinking about selling my kit. But I just wasnt happy with the cases I hit.

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.
Here is the beginning of my suitcase kit. It will evolve over time. 12" snare, 8" and 13" tom, 12" hi hats (the 8" is nested under the 13") View attachment 419291 . I will also add a ride cymbal, but don't know the size I want yet. I have the pipes and fittings for the 8" tom, but I still need the pipes and fittings for the 13" tom. I will also be looking for a different hi hat stand. The one I have, besides being weak, is also too short. I put one set of triple wheels under it and I now know I need to add another to keep it balanced. So I have a ways to go before I'm finished but at least I have started the journey.
Nice, I will be following. Have fun!

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Ever since DonB over at Cymbalholic showed me, my favourite suitcase kit has been a 400 series Ludwig in a UFO case.
Works like a champ.