Bum Wrap Ruby Strata?

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any Ludwig Standard owners have had Bum Wrap Drum Co match a Ruby Strata wrap.
I've got a stripped rack and bass drum that I would like to match with this floor tom.

Ludwig STD FT (2).JPG

speady1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the Ruby Strata, but a few years back I had a really nice (no fading) Blue Strata kit that I needed to match for an add-on tom. No one had anything that was passable for anything other than maybe the bass drum hoops. Everyone's patterns were just not correct. Bum may be able to create a match for you, but they didn't have anything in stock that was close, at least according to the samples that I bought. Keep in mind this was about 8-10 years ago. Things change, but I had zero luck with the aftermarket wrap suppliers. I ended up buying an orphan that had shell issue just to rob the wrap from it.

Good luck with your search. I hope this is helpful.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you have any pieces of wrap I think hat color send it to them that would give ya the best over photos.

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a Luddy Standard project.....where the entire kit will be wrapped. In my research, I have found my best option is their TURQUOISE MOD. Of their strata type wraps close to the Standard stock colors, this one looks the best and will be the most affordable given that it is one of their stock wraps. If your budget allows, be sure to contact them and let them give their best shot at matching your FT. They may rise to the challenge.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Within the past few years Ludwig had a new wrap that was very similar to Ruby Strata. It might be worth a call to Precision to ask if maybe they can track down an errant sheet of the stuff that Delmar has lying about. Occasionally that happens if you get lucky. I don't recall what Ludwig called it this time around* but it shouldn't be hard to find out.

Bum Wrap could probably pull it off if you can get a response but I'd explore other options for a "real" version of the wrap first. Might be something like it produced in the orient.

Celluloid Sheet - Jiujiang Juhong New Materials Co., Ltd. - page 1. (made-in-china.com)

* Salmon Pearl ?

Last edited:

Iristone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Within the past few years Ludwig had a new wrap that was very similar to Ruby Strata. It might be worth a call to Precision to ask if maybe they can track down an errant sheet of the stuff that Delmar has lying about. Occasionally that happens if you get lucky. I don't recall what Ludwig called it this time around* but it shouldn't be hard to find out.

Bum Wrap could probably pull it off if you can get a response but I'd explore other options for a "real" version of the wrap first. Might be something like it produced in the orient.

Celluloid Sheet - Jiujiang Juhong New Materials Co., Ltd. - page 1. (made-in-china.com)

* Salmon Pearl ?
This looks like real pearloid, as opposed to printed figure. They even have psychedelic red! Not sure about their minimum ordering quantity, though.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks like real pearloid, as opposed to printed figure. They even have psychedelic red! Not sure about their minimum ordering quantity, though.