Bump! 575! 1959 K Zildjian Old Stamp IVb 18" K Istanbul Turkish Ride Cymbal 1550 Grams

donbseattle

Reaction score
Here is a very cool 18" K Istanbul Old Stamp Ride that I found on Reverb last year. No cracks, and it weighed 1886 grams. I sent it to master Brooklyn cymbalsmith, Jesse Simpson, who worked his magic on it and converted it into a 1550 gram mofo.

Here are the before and after youtube vids he sent me. Amazing. See below, dudes.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Note that the top looks like 1959 and the bottom looks new. Interesting.

If you want your very own 1959 old stamp you can ride and crash, and you need it to be a deal, here you go.

BUMP

575 Shipped
Paypal usa only

paypal
continental USA

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't mind it at all when it was the heavier 1886 gms. In the BEFORE: sounds much lighter than that to me. Some nice darkness in there too. Prime time ride with exceptionally clear dry/dark stick. Sounds like a beautifully made old K.

AFTER: still thinking about it.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did he lathe top and bottom.
Did he skip over insignia Donnie.

Last edited:

kevin klever

Reaction score
The problem with super bad dudes like Jesse making soundfiles is that they can make everything sound amazing. Luckily everything Jesse works on actually does sound amazing. Someone please buy this before my self control shrivels away.

donbseattle

Reaction score
Needing funds. I have two 20"k Isties I use alot. Plus a 14 top hat. He lathed bottom only. Great opportunity for one of my holic et al brothers to enjoy.

jim r

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great sounding cymbal. Did he do any hammering work to it also or just do lathing on bottom? Turned out nice.

donbseattle

Reaction score
Thanks for the question,
Great sounding cymbal. Did he do any hammering work to it also or just do lathing on bottom? Turned out nice.
Thanks for the question, Jim. I believe that Jesse did some expert lathing.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
After more thinking. I do prefer the BEFORE better. It's got the full dimensions of an original old K. Dark too, despite the heavy weight. Shanks and crashes on multiple levels....lots of choices. Sounds more like 1600-1675 gm than 1886.

Last edited:

donbseattle

Reaction score
When I played it live, I felt it was higher and brighter. Not dark at all. After lathing I think it sounds much better. Obviously a subjective matter. If you buy it, I will send it to Jesse and have him unlathe it and get it back up to the original weight. :>)

Last edited:

donbseattle

Reaction score
There is a hammering "bump" at about 2pm on the top shot and 11am on the bottom shot. Fear not, dudes.

Colorado Jay

Reaction score
This is just too cool to not become a discussion thread and this thing will be snatched up quick, I predict.

So interesting to hear the before and after- it's an improvement to me for sure. Very tempted... bump.

donbseattle

Reaction score
I believe I have heard from 33 dudes with fi senny fi just buring a hole in their pockets!! :blob8::blob4::blob6:

Last edited:

donbseattle

Reaction score
Here is a very cool 18" K Istanbul Old Stamp Ride that I found on Reverb last year. No cracks, and it weighed 1886 grams. I sent it to master Brooklyn cymbalsmith, Jesse Simpson, who worked his magic on it and converted it into a 1550 gram mofo.

Here are the before and after youtube vids he sent me. Amazing. See below, dudes.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

If you want your very own 1959 old stamp you can ride and crash, and you need it to be a deal, here you go.

PRICE LOWERED!!

Bump! 575 shipped!

GRAB IT BEFORE I POP IT INTO REVERB!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

575 shipped

paypal
continental USA

paypal
continental USA