Bun E. Carlos drum sets and cymbals for sale

Reaction score
A month ago Donn Bennett sent a truck out to my place and picked up 9 Ludwig sets, a dozen snare drums, and 60+ cymbals.
Three of the kits and 50+ cymbals I used with Cheap Trick.
Donn has posted the sets and snare drums at donnbennett.com.
Cymbals will be posted soon.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Bun..Just curious, but did you ever consider selling the gear yourself? I hear you are a people person, and love chatting drums, besides it would be a thrill for someone to meet you personally and pick up a piece of r&r history...just thinking out loud.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Are any of these snares the one you used on The Flame? That has to be one of my favorite snare sounds ever. If not, what was it?

If I'm not mistaken, this is that snare

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, this is that snare

Ugh. I would jump on it in a second if it was even $2K, but that’s too rich for my blood no matter how much I love it.

Reaction score
Hey Bun..Just curious, but did you ever consider selling the gear yourself? I hear you are a people person, and love chatting drums, besides it would be a thrill for someone to meet you personally and pick up a piece of r&r history...just thinking out loud.
Two years ago when I sold 50 snare drums and a few kits I offered the option of stopping by to pick up stuff and met a few fans that way. But, this time I didn't feel like packing and shipping about 100 different boxes and packages.

Reaction score
Ugh. I would jump on it in a second if it was even $2K, but that’s too rich for my blood no matter how much I love it.
If you want the sound of "The Flame" drum, obtain a brass 1920's Luddy snare drum and crank it up really high!
(Then find an expensive recording studio, engineer and producer and a guy to master the final recording.....)

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you want the sound of "The Flame" drum, obtain a brass 1920's Luddy snare drum and crank it up really high! (Then find an expensive recording studio, engineer and producer and a guy to master the final recording.....)
Very true.Amazing sound nevertheless.

It’s easily one of my all time favorites. If you would have had a gun to my head, I would have said it was wood.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you want the sound of "The Flame" drum, obtain a brass 1920's Luddy snare drum and crank it up really high!
(Then find an expensive recording studio, engineer and producer and a guy to master the final recording.....)

Did any of the producers or engineers question you on the gear you recorded with? I'm sure in the late eighties not a lot of guys were bringing 1920's Luddies to recording sessions. Especially big budget major label sessions.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Plus 1 for I would have sworn that was a wooden snare drum. My absolute favorite snare sound.

markrocks68

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm still kicking myself for not getting that awesome awesome 50s Black WFL kit from the last round..

Reaction score
Did any of the producers or engineers question you on the gear you recorded with? I'm sure in the late eighties not a lot of guys were bringing 1920's Luddies to recording sessions. Especially big budget major label sessions.
Yeah, the engineer on Lap Of Luxury and Busted purchased a 1920 's Standard from me for his sessions.
Producers thought it was fine and sounded good.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bun; one more question. Will you be selling off any Paiste cymbals??

Latest posts