Buyer Beware--Pat Holmes @ [email protected]@gmail.com

KowbellKeith

Reaction score
The member woodc72 messaged me about a wanted ad I had and told me to reach out to Pat Holmes @ [email protected] for an orphan drum he was trying to sell.
I did this and agreed on price and paid paypal(family and friends) to this guy. Sent legit looking pics, etc.. Long story short he kept in contact until he said he shipped it but never sent a tracking. That was 10 days ago. Since then he wont respond to me in email again. Be careful. I know I shouldn't of paid family and friends as I dont have any protection.

The payment went to Tasha Holmes [email protected] and is around the area of Grenada, MS, so hopefully this helps someone else.

Actually just googled this email and yep, its a known scammer.

Last edited:

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys. We've said it 1000 times.

If the seller is requesting "family and friends" on paypal and they are not any closer to your family than your Father's Brother's Nephew's Cousin's former college roommate, then don't do it. Odds are they are some spaceball.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Family and Friends on paypal should be used only for that. People on the internet are not friends and you should never assume so.

There is no member here named woodc72. Is that the correct spelling?

KowbellKeith

Reaction score
The member has been banned based on OP’s report.
Thanks for that. Here was message for those asking. but anyway. That member even posted a few wanted ads on here too. And the person responding to my email asking about their drum was super normal. The scammers are getting much better. Still should of caught it, just was too excited i found my orphan drum. dammit. I also let paypal know just to see if they can close those accounts.
1601929212058.png

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The member woodc72 messaged me about a wanted ad I had and told me to reach out to Pat Holmes @ [email protected] for an orphan drum he was trying to sell.
I did this and agreed on price and paid paypal(family and friends) to this guy. Sent legit looking pics, etc.. Long story short he kept in contact until he said he shipped it but never sent a tracking. That was 10 days ago. Since then he wont respond to me in email again. Be careful. I know I shouldn't of paid family and friends as I dont have any protection.

The payment went to Tasha Holmes [email protected] and is around the area of Grenada, MS, so hopefully this helps someone else.

Actually just googled this email and yep, its a known scammer.
I’m sorry this happened to you. This kind of crap has gone on for years and frankly I don’t understand how a person closes their eyes at night after doing this to another human being. Sad but the bad karma is all on him.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a good reminder to keep watch on your self. Closer to home last weekend I went out to the truck to get something and failed to lock the doors. Someone got in and took a couple pairs of Ray-Bans one pair were prescription so about $400 worth all together

Rik_Everglade

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For the moment, ten days isn't an unreasonable amount of time. I've had a few packages get caught in each of the currently notorious USPS centers. Give us a new Postal Inspectors General and these issues should clear up.

kevin klever

Reaction score
Shipping is super backed up right now and USPS is a mess. It's taking double or more the normal amount of time to get stuff moved around. This sounds like a case of super poor communication, not a scam. This kind of situation happened a number of times over at cymbalholic, where someone thought they got ripped off, the seller disappeared for a week or something, and then reappeared with a good excuse and apologies for poor communication. I'd hold on a bit before assuming it's a scam. Obviously super bad form on their part but give it another week before getting too bummed.

KowbellKeith

Reaction score
Shipping is super backed up right now and USPS is a mess. It's taking double or more the normal amount of time to get stuff moved around. This sounds like a case of super poor communication, not a scam. This kind of situation happened a number of times over at cymbalholic, where someone thought they got ripped off, the seller disappeared for a week or something, and then reappeared with a good excuse and apologies for poor communication. I'd hold on a bit before assuming it's a scam. Obviously super bad form on their part but give it another week before getting too bummed.
I agree, but go google the email address I paid to. Should of done it myself.
People don't respond 4 or 5 times in a 24hr period and then no email response in 7 days after they are paid. Not in 2020 at least.
[email protected] 100% scammers. Bummer.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really want the item, and think it's on the up and up......and if the seller says pay with F&F.........then eat the 3% yourself and pay with "goods and services." Give 'em asking price + 3%.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you really want the item, and think it's on the up and up......and if the seller says pay with F&F.........then eat the 3% yourself and pay with "goods and services." Give 'em asking price + 3%.
Hey, T, did you see the date on this? It's a half year old. We should ask for an update.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score

It's a common scam, and another great reason we don't allow PayPal "friends" payments to be requested in classified ads here on the forum.

I realize this is an old thread, just helping people get all the info so we all stay safe.