C&C Player Date 2 Head Recommendations?

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got a 12/14/20 with matching snare coming soon. Very excited. I have a Player Date 1 in same sizes which is my fat thumpy set.
For the Player Date 2, I'm looking for a more aggressive dynamic bop sound. Just a sweet brighter round tone.
Suggestions?

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I used coated Ambassadors over clear Ambassadors on my Player Date II. Cool drums and definitely a different sound than your Player Date I drums. What finish are your drums?

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
New one is walnut stain, the other is brown mahogany satin. I'm a big fan of this companie's sound and looks.

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
New one is walnut stain, the other is brown mahogany satin. I'm a big fan of this companie's sound and looks.
Ah, that sounds very cool. I keep looking at the Player Date I drums, but I'm worried they won't work in an unmiced situation. I have a Player Date II set up in aged maple with wood hoops that I really like. It has good projection, so I don't need to worry about playing unmiced shows with it. My only issue is I wish it had a bit more of a thumpy tone to it. I tried coated Emperors on the set, but they just killed the sound and tone.

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ah, that sounds very cool. I keep looking at the Player Date I drums, but I'm worried they won't work in an unmiced situation. I have a Player Date II set up in aged maple with wood hoops that I really like. It has good projection, so I don't need to worry about playing unmiced shows with it. My only issue is I wish it had a bit more of a thumpy tone to it. I tried coated Emperors on the set, but they just killed the sound and tone.
PD1 is definitely a thump machine. They're super warm and dry. Definitely a vibe kit. That being said, they will most likely get lost in an unmiced setting. The quietest kit I own, but also the most pleasant to my ear...and neighbors ears.